New User Questions....

Ken_Lee
Ken_Lee
Community Member

I'm a long time 1P user, just signed up for 1P.com (Family) and have several questions:

1) Am I in the right place for "1 on 1" support as advertised on the 1P.com page as one of the benefits of 1P.com?. Is this the place for that? Are there any other (more real time) support options?

2) How do I set up different family members with different levels of access? In other words, if I want to share my bank login with my wife but i don't what my kids to have access, how do i do that?

thanks,

Ken

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Ken_Lee,

The forum is great place to get support, but if email is more your thing you can always email support@1password.com. We're happy to help you either way. I think you'll find that the forum has faster response times though, if only because we have so many great users out there who lend a hand and answer questions.

How do I set up different family members with different levels of access? In other words, if I want to share my bank login with my wife but i don't what my kids to have access, how do i do that?

That's a great question.

By default you've got the Shared vault. The shared vault is special in that everyone gets Read/Write access to it. In this case you probably don't want your kids having Read access to your bank login, nevermind write access to it. So what we would recommend is that you create a new vault that's just for you and your wife and that you give her access to it using the website. You can then put the Bank login in that vault and only you and your wife will be able to see it.

If you need detailed steps for how to set this up, let us know and we can get those for you.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.