Different auto-lock settings for passwords/notes

Driekes
Driekes
Community Member

I use 1Password since two months now and I like it a lot. I like it better on Mac than on Windows, but so far so good.
I have it set to auto-lock after certain minutes, it is the best usability option so far.

However, I do have some private stuff in my notes, that I really didn't want anyone to see when I walk away from my computer.

Would it be possible to set a different auto-lock/pin/password setting per item (e.g. password, notes).
This way you can create a balanced security model, some items will require you to enter the master password ALWAYS.

Let me know what you think and if this might be already possible.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017

Hi @Driekes,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your question/request! There's no option in 1Password to keep some items locked while others are unlocked. We think all your data in 1Password should remain private, and not just certain items - that's why you should use a strong master password. If you're worried about someone else using your Mac, you should lock 1Password and/or your Mac before walking away from it.

It sounds like you already know you can adjust the auto-lock settings in 1Password to have it lock itself more or less frequently. If you want to lock 1Password immediately, you can use the ^⌥⌘L (Control-Option-Command-L) keyboard shortcut (that will work even when using another app).

Hopefully that helps, but if you have more questions or feedback, please let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.