To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Primary vault not synchronising

Options
amaitu
amaitu
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm a LastPass user, but have recently joined a new company that uses 1Password. I've been given a team account by my company. Given that the two apps are conflicting with each other, I have decided to move over my personal stored credentials to 1Password too, and leave LastPass. Essentially what I'm trying to achieve is this:

Have synchronised access to all of my vaults, both personal and company, on all devices, without a risk of losing any personal vaults when I leave this team.

I read on your forum elsewhere that 'personal' vaults remain the property of my team, and will be restricted upon leaving, as such I should use a 'primary' vault instead of a 'personal one'. I have created a primary vault on your mac app, and imported all of my credentials, but these do not sync up with any of my other devices.

Would someone be able to advise on the best way to achieve the above? Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5, Android 7.1, Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi @amaitu
    Primary vaults need to be synced via different means. Here you can find all sync options: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/
    Look in the section "Advanced sync options" for all options and guides on how to set them up.

I guess most users use either iCloud (if you're only having Apple devices) or Dropbox, when you also use Android and/or Windows.
    As I can see in your footer that you have OS X, Android and Windows, I would think Dropbox is the way to go.

After you have setup sync on all devices, your Primary vault should be available anywhere

• amaitu
    amaitu
    Community Member
    Options

Not ideal to have to set up another system to sync just that vault, but thanks for the solution.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Do you have two types of accounts, i.e. a Teams account from your company and an individual 1Password.com account that you own yourself?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @amaitu - It's great to here you're using 1Password Teams at work and decided to move over to using 1Password full-time :smile: @Manaburner is correct, you can setup a sync source using Dropbox. Have you considered signing up for a 1Password membership? We take care of all the syncing on our end so you don't need to manage a sync source. Similar to how 1Password Teams works for you already. You can add both accounts to the same 1Password app which makes it convenient to view all your data from the same location. You also have the benefit of accessing your data from any device via the web. With a 1Password membership, you're also able to take advantage of new features like Travel Mode. Just a thought. :wink: Let us know if you have any additional questions and welcome to the 1Password family.

This discussion has been closed.