Can't fill credit cards in Android

fcar
fcar
Community Member

You know what is more annoying than remembering your login? Having to fill credit card info on online checkouts.

When you use the 1P keyboard on Android, it does not show any credit cards, only logins.

Why the heck would you not offer that option? It is extremely frustrating to fill credit card info. First, I need to open the app. Then unlock it. Then tap the side bar button, then pick the categories option, then go to credit cards option, then pick the credit card, then I have to copy the number, then switch to the website, then paste the number, then go back to the app, then remember the valid date and go back to the site, then enter the valid from date. Then go back to the app, and remember the expiry date. Then go back to the site, and type the expiry date. Then I have to go back to the app, and copy the CVV2 code, then go back to the site, then go back to the app and copy the name as it appears on the card, then go back to the site, type my full address for the billing info, and finally checkout.

This app has all the necessary guts to make it work, yet you guys don't do it. What the heck? I understand that you made lots and lots of progress with many of the most requested things, but guys, basically all the stuff that is necessary to make it work is already there, you just need to allow us to pick other things other than logins. Even if it's just manually, at least we can use the keyboard instead of having to switch to the app and the site. Every time you switch to the app, you have to unlock it. This is so not convenient and I swear and curse every time I have to pay for something using your application, because it takes longer than going to my coat, grabbing my wallet, taking my card out and just typing it manually.

The app is not free, I paid for the Pro features and I want that money to be used to get all the functionality that I get on the computer.

I want credit card filling, and I want address filling, and I want it pronto.

1Password Version: 6.3.2b3
Extension Version: Android
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @fcar. Thanks for sharing your feelings regarding filling. We do have an open issue to fill other (non-Login) items, and I'll certainly add your vote. ref: OPA-537

Like all feature requests, we need to prioritize it in line with a number of other features, bug fixes, and security issues, so I can't make any promises at the moment. However, I'll pass your feedback along to the team and let them know this is important to you. :)

• Add my vote to OPA-537 as well. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know! It's certainly not trivial, as 1Password for Android simply doesn't have any logic for filling Credit Cards (or Identities), and we can't reuse code from another version, but this is very much a feature I'd like for us to bring to Android as well. Hopefully we'll be able to in the future. :)

• drummerwun
    drummerwun
    Community Member

Please add my vote for OPA-537. As an Apple convert to Android, I truly miss this feature.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@drummerwun: It's to early to say anything definitive, but we're working hard on implementing Google's newest filling APIs so that might make this possible. I'm sure we'll have more to share as we approach the release of Android O. :)

This discussion has been closed.