To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

mhopkins2. How do I change my password on 1PW for desktop.

mhopkins2
mhopkins2
Community Member

How do change my password for 1PW desktop version?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I change my desktop password to access 1Password

Comments

• Hi @mhopkins2 - Thank you for contacting us. If you signed up for a 1Password.com account, you can follow the steps in this guide on how to change your Master Password. Did you forget your Master Password or did you just want to change it? Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions. I'll do my best to help.

• mhopkins2
    mhopkins2
    Community Member

That was very helpful, thank you, Frank. It worked. I wanted to change my p/w as I am doing this on a regular basis for security purposes

• Hi @mhopkins2 - You're very welcome and I was happy to help out. Don't forget to write the new Master Password in the space provided on your Emergency Kit for recovery purposes. By design, we don't store Secret Keys or Master Passwords since it would compromise the security of our users. We don't want anyone to have access to the keys to your account, including us, therefore we can't reset this if lost or forgotten. You can also add an additional recovery member if you have a Families or Teams account, just in case. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.