"Primary" vault not available online

Options
Deedaday
Deedaday
Community Member

I purchased the App online as a single use, and also put the app on my phone. Turns out, they somehow are not syncing at all. everything I add via my iPhone is defaulting to what is called my "Primary" vault, although I can see the other vaults on my phone. On my Mac and Mac App, I do not have access to my "primary" vault at all. I followed the instructions and synced via iCloud on my iPhone app, but it is still not available on my Mac or Mac app. Please help. I have Ince up graded to Family and am trying to get that set up today but need to have access to my Primary vault online in order to move things around to the proper vault.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Primary account on iPhone not syncing online

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Deedaday,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing your 1Password data! I'm sure we can help get this all sorted out.

Since you're now using a 1Password Families account, that will make syncing much easier, because you won't need to worry about configuring any sync settings or using a separate sync service like iCloud - you just need to sign into your account in the 1Password app on each device, and the data in your account will automatically sync.

Right now, the thing causing some confusion is that you still have a Primary vault in 1Password on your iPhone. The Primary vault is not part of your Families account - it's a separate vault that is only stored locally on that device unless you sync it elsewhere by using an option such as Dropbox or iCloud. Because it isn't part of your Families account, it isn't hosted on our servers and you won't see it when you sign into your account on 1Password.com. The Primary vault on your iPhone is probably left over from before you signed up for 1Password Families.

You should have at least 2 vaults in your Families account: Private (sometimes called Personal) and Shared. If you have all of your latest data in your account vaults, then you can delete the Primary vault to avoid confusion. But first, if you've added new data to your Primary vault on your iPhone, you'll need to copy that to your account. These steps will help you to do all that:

On your iPhone:

1. Open 1Password and go to Settings > 1Password Accounts - make sure you're signed into your Families account there.
    2. Go to the Categories section of the app.
    3. Tap the vault icon in the top left corner, then select the Primary vault.
    4. Tap the category containing items you need to move to your account (if you're not sure, tap All Items).
    5. In the item list, swipe down to see the Select Items option and tap on it.
    6. Select one or more items you need to move to your account.
    7. Tap Move, select your Private (or Personal) account vault, and confirm you want to move the items.

Once all your latest data is in your account, you can go ahead and delete the Primary vault from your iPhone. To do that, open 1Password and go to Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete Vault.

Does that help? If you run into trouble or have questions about any of that, just let us know. Thanks! :)

• Deedaday
    Deedaday
    Community Member
    Options

Yes!! Thank you!! Super easy now that I have the right instructions. Thank you!

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Deedaday - Fantastic news! On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome :smile: Keep us posted if you run into any questions along the way, we're always here and happy to help out :+1: Enjoy the rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.