1Password does not fill required log in information.

I am using iPhone 6+ with iOS 10.3.2 on it. I have 1Password app installed on my phone. The version of 1Password app is 6.7.2. When I am inside 1Password app I tap the browse tab to go to the website I need to log in. Then I tap a key tab to choose the login and then tap the login I need. At this point 1Password switches back to the web page I need, but does not fill login information.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• valermit
    valermit
    Community Member

Forgot to rise another issue. In your help it is said to fill the password one needs to tap the login and it will brings you to the webpage and fills the login fields. It works on Mac but on my phone when I tap the login 1password switches me to the window with details of that login instead of log me in.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @valermit,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble filling your login credentials on a website!

When you tap the 'key' button in 1Browser and choose the Login item for the site you're viewing, are you viewing the page that has the sign-in form? If the sign-in form isn't on the current page you're viewing, 1Password won't be able to fill it.

If the sign-in form is on the page you're viewing but 1Password doesn't fill it, is this a problem with a specific website/Login item? If so, would you be able to let us know the URL for that website so we can try testing it? Was 1Password previously able to fill the sign-in form on that same site? If so, when did the problem start?

Thanks in advance! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @valermit,

I just noticed you opened two different forum threads for the same issue - I've merged them both together to avoid confusion. (I replied about the original issue above.)

Forgot to rise another issue. In your help it is said to fill the password one needs to tap the login and it will brings you to the webpage and fills the login fields. It works on Mac but on my phone when I tap the login 1password switches me to the window with details of that login instead of log me in.

In 1Password for iOS, when viewing a Login item in the Categories section, you'll need to tap on the website address. That will open that address in 1Browser and fill your username/password in the sign-in form (assuming the sign-in form is on that page).

Does that help?

• valermit
    valermit
    Community Member

Hi,

Yes, I am viewing a sign-in form. Just after you question I checked different websites and the result the same. After I tap the needed login 1Browser switches me back to sign-in form but does not fill it.

• valermit
    valermit
    Community Member

I did some research. That is what I found so far.
    1. I checked your suggestion to tap a web address when viewing login within Categories. It works for most of the web addresses except this one: https://lafitness.com/Pages/login.aspx
    2. When I use 1Browser tab and from there I try to login, 1Password does not fill login forms from there for any web sites I tried.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@valermit: Thanks for clarifying. I'm not able to reproduce what you're describing. These are the steps I'm following:

1. Navigate to https://lafitness.com/Pages/login.aspx in 1Browser
    2. Enter username and password
    3. Tap "key" icon and Save New Login
    4. Close 1Browser
    5. Tap the URL in the saved login details
      = 1Password loads and fills username and password

One issue I did run into with that site though is that it literally would not even load while I was connecting from outside of the US (had to use a VPN to view the page). So I'm not sure if you may have to tweak your connection settings and/or the user agent (1Password Settings > 1Browser). And definitely restart your device to see if that helps.

If you can tell us other URLs in particular you're having trouble with we'll be happy to test them and try to offer a solution, workaround, and improvements in the future.

That said, in many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form (even better using the 1Password browser extension on the computer, if that is an option for you). Just try these steps:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'key' icon (or the Share button, to use the extension in Safari) to bring up the login menu
    4. Tap + New Login
    5. Tap Save
    6. Close the webpage and tap the URL in your new login item to have 1Password fill it
    7. Tap the "Sign in"/"Log in" button to submit the form

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

• valermit
    valermit
    Community Member

Thanks for you response. I will try this procedure and let you know if it works.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Brenty, you're very welcome! Hopefully that works, but if not, we'll continue from there. :)

This discussion has been closed.