Feedback on 1Password 6.6 [Thank you!]

karimelm
karimelm
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Just a friendly thank you for speeding up the app and implementing features such as moving items from vault to vault!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @harimelm,

Thanks for that and on behalf of the team, you're welcome. We're hard at work on the 6.7/6.8 releases already.

Let us know what you'd like to see next.

• ragnvaldr2
    ragnvaldr2
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT ,

Not sure if this is the place for a FR, but the Chrome extension Password Generator defaults to Allow digits, symbols, and ambiguous characters all unchecked, and if I check them, they don't persist if the window is closed and reopened. It would be great if those would be sticky. Especially since many password requirements are more than just alphabetical.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

My wife updated hers on work computer and loves the update.

• mrjamesmoore
    mrjamesmoore
    Community Member

Great work on 6.6d. Just a suggestion RE the new sidebar. Perhaps an option to choose its colour as I'd like white; dark blue is very dark Also when you have a scroll bar the counts are too close to it - need to move them left a few pixels :)

• Hi guys,

Thanks for the great feedback!

@ragnvaldr2,

Not sure if this is the place for a FR, but the Chrome extension Password Generator defaults to Allow digits, symbols, and ambiguous characters all unchecked, and if I check them, they don't persist if the window is closed and reopened.

This is a known issue, it's not yet retaining the last used Characters/Words state. It does persist the settings within Characters and Words but not the main option itself. It will be fixed in a future update.

@prime,

My wife updated hers on work computer and loves the update.

Awesome, we're happy to hear that.

@mrjamesmoore,

Perhaps an option to choose its colour as I'd like white; dark blue is very dark

We'll look into it. One thing is that we'd love to use is the Windows color effects, so it matches the system colors.

Also when you have a scroll bar the counts are too close to it - need to move them left a few pixels :)

Well, that's intentional because of the transition to the thinner scroll bar when you hover away from the item list.

• lifeasyoshi
    lifeasyoshi
    Community Member

love the new update! Any chance will see it in the Windows Store so it can run on Windows 10S?

• Hi @lifeasyoshi,

I'm glad you liking it so far.

Any chance will see it in the Windows Store so it can run on Windows 10S?

We do plan to have 1Password submitted to the Windows Store, so you could run it on Windows 10S but we don't have a timeframe on when it may happen. We've trying to make it work with Edge as well.

• hkkp
    hkkp
    Community Member
    • in a new tab is not available
    • The current login is badly placed in the 1password-mini
    • Also you want to see all logins, possibly the current login
    • The search could get its own tab
    • -Before the delete in the edit function should come a demand
    • -Before the delete should also appear a demand
    • If I edit a login and then go with the mouse to another login, then a demand should appear whether I would like to cancel the edit
    • the version 4 better in handling and the price war okay
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hkkp: Thanks for the feedback! :)

in a new tab is not available

Can you be more specific?

The current login is badly placed in the 1password-mini

What did you have in mind?

Also you want to see all logins, possibly the current login

It's something we'll be refining with future updates, for example to hide generated passwords.

The search could get its own tab

I'm not sure we want a separate tab for search, as it's convenient to have it always available, and this is also consistent with 1Password for Mac.

-Before the delete in the edit function should come a demand
    -Before the delete should also appear a demand
    If I edit a login and then go with the mouse to another login, then a demand should appear whether I would like to cancel the edit

It sounds like these are related, but please let me know if I'm misunderstanding. I think what we'll probably end up doing here is automatically saving any unsaved changes automatically when switching to another item so nothing is lost (if you don't explicitly cancel). After all, 1Password.com will have the item history if needed.

the version 4 better in handling and the price war okay

Are there specific features you'd like us to add to 1Password 6? Please let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.