when I download 1Password for Mac I get "Unconfirmed 821674.crdownload” and it can’t be opened.

tamatulip
tamatulip
Community Member

I registered, got all documentations, installed app on iPhone and iPad. I keep trying to download the app from your website on my iMac, but keep getting "unconfirmed downloads" so cannot install on iMac. Chrome says "this type of file can harm your computer, do you want to keep 1Password-6.7.1 pkge anyway". NO, obviously. What should I do?

1Password Version: no idea. can't download
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.5
Sync Type: none
Referrer: forum-search:when I download 1Password for Mac I get "Unconfirmed 821674.crdownload” and it can’t be opened.

Comments

• stefanodottori
    stefanodottori
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Hi @tamatulip

You can try to download 1Password with the Safari Browser from here :
    https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPM4

I just downloaded 1Password from there with Safari and it worked perfectly, i didn't receive any king of messages like that

I hope that this solution can solve the problem you're having

• tamatulip
    tamatulip
    Community Member

Thanks! I was just going to comment that I downloaded it from the App Store and it seems to be working. I was hesitant to do that at first because I read that it's better to download from the 1Password web page. I don't know why it would make a difference though. But it seems to be ok now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stefanodottori: Thanks! :)

@tamatulip: Depending on your situation, it may or may not matter which version you use:

• If you have a 1Password.com membership, either one will allow you to sign in to your account, and that's all you need to do to authorize the app and access your data.
    • If you purchased the standalone version of 1Password, you'll need to install the correct version to avoid getting stuck with the trial restrictions, as the App Store won't know if you paid through AgileBits.com and vice versa.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• tamatulip
    tamatulip
    Community Member

Thank you. When I first signed up I did it all through the website and downloaded the apps on my iPad and iPhone. Then when I had trouble downloading the app from the website I downloaded from the App store. But now the App store won't know that I already put my credit card in? (When I did it said first bill was coming on July 23). I have not had the chance yet to start putting my password info into the 1Password on my Mac, but it does open a window when I sign in somewhere to ask me if I want to get the password out of 1Password, I've clicked Cancel so far.
    What do you mean by 1Password "membership" exactly? This is a new program for me, never used it before. It is automatic then? Thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tamatulip: A 1Password.com membership lets you access your data across all of your devices (and in your browser). Instead of purchasing multiple apps and syncing the data between devices yourself, all of that's included. Signing in to your account in the app connects it to your membership, so you don't have to worry about paying for it again separately through the App Store.

This is probably a good place to start, since you're new to 1Password:

Get to Know 1Password for Mac

I see you've also contacted us separately via email, so I'll reply there shortly in case there's anything else I can help with. :)

ref: SMU-53318-498

• tamatulip
    tamatulip
    Community Member

Wow thank you for your quick reply. I think I am probably on the right track now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.