Continued Dropbox support?

1Pfanatic
1Pfanatic
Community Member

I seem to recall a message not long ago from Dave Teare, suggesting that agilebits was considering dropping 1Password syncing via Dropbox in the near future. I'm on MacOS (El Capitan) and iOS 9 and iOS 8. I'd hate to see Dropbox abandoned. I'm not a subscription user, and don't plan to be.

Am I imagining this plan to drop Dropbox, or does anyone have any information?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017

@1Pfanatic: I can't think of what you might be referring to. I believe Dave mentioned that we'd added support for the new Dropbox APIs in 1Password for iOS and Android in the last few months in a newsletter or something. So, suffice to say, Dropbox is alive and well, and supported for local vaults across all platforms same as ever. Cheers! :)

• 1Pfanatic
    1Pfanatic
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Thanks brenty. I could have sworn it was a Dave Teare reference to eventually wanting 1Password to have even more security than Dropbox could provide. However, as a guy who spent formative years during the smokey Summer of Love, I might well have imagined it after all. ;)

Thanks for the reply!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@1Pfanatic: Haha no problem! We (and many 1Password users) definitely appreciate that 1Password.com not only makes syncing seamless, but also that we have the ability to help with sync issues and fix things if they go wrong. But Dropbox is a great service and has a lot of other things to offer. It wasn't built with 1Password in mind, but it works well for many people and you can continue using it with 1Password for the foreseeable future. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.