On the Apple Recycle via Brightstar URL, 1Password processes the "Forgot Pwd" link instead of SignIn

If I access the URL for Apple Renew/Recycle, through BrightStar, at https://reuserecycle.abbti.brightstarcorp.com/Login.aspx, 1Password currently seems to process the "Forgot Password" link instead of the "Sign In" link. This causes BrightStar to regenerate a new password every time, requiring updates to 1Password - which will never really "work" because 1Password will repeat this process continually.

1Password Version: 6.7.1 (671001)
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:brightstar

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @abeats,

Unfortunately I can't access the page or just brightstarcorp.com so the following is supposition. Is the issue specifically to do with the submit after filling feature? If it is can you disable it for this particular Login item please which you can do by editing the item in question. Once in edit mode you will have two new options available, one titled submit. The default is Submit when enabled so can you set it to Never submit please. Next fill a freshly loaded copy of the page.

1. After filling the page what field appears to have cursor focus?
    2. Leaving cursor focus where it is, what happens if you press enter?

My hope is we can learn a bit about this page even though I cannot see it.

• abeats
    abeats
    Community Member

Hello @littlebobbytables,

Thanks for your quick reply. Odd that you can't reach that URL. But anyway, yes - the issue is when I use my Firefox (on Macbook) web browser plugin to fill in my credentials. I did as you suggested (changed the 1Password entry to "Never Submit"), and then when I manually click that URL's "Sign In" button everything works perfectly. To answer your follow-up questions:

1. The URL "colors" the "Sign In" button orange, making us think that this would be the button that will be processed when 1Password "hits Enter".

2. If I manually enter my username and password on that URL, and then hit "Enter" after entering my password (NOT clicking on either the "Forgot Password" or "Sign In" buttons), then I am logged in successfully. So, it does seem that somehow 1Password is "selecting" the "Forgot Password" button when auto-filling?

Thanks again for your assistance. :--)

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @abeats,

I was able to open that particular website (https://reuserecycle.abbti.brightstarcorp.com/Login.aspx) however I wasn't able to get the "Enter" key to work with it as you were.

• If I entered fake credentials (I used test@example.com and apassword) then click "Forget Password?" I get this error: This email address is not registered with us or not formatted properly. Please try again.

• If I enter the same fake credentials and click "Sign In" I get Invalid User!.

• Then if I enter the same fake credentials one last time and hit "Enter" on my keyboard I get the same error as if I clicked "Forget Password?"

I tested with a fake account so perhaps there's some difference there. I also was testing on a Mac with the following browsers:

• Firefox 54.0 (64-bit)
    • Firefox Developer Edition 55.0b3 (64-bit)
    • Chrome 59.0.3071.109
    • Safari 10.1.2 (12603.3.1)

Maybe there's a difference in our browser versions?

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.