Grandfathered lifetime products

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Lounge

Of the services that I have, two of them are lifetime products. Malwarebytes and Runtastic. Malwarebytes, before becoming an annual subscription based product, had a perpetual model which they have so far honoured. Anyone with a Malwarebytes 1.x and 2.x premium license from those days still have perpetual licenses, even with their latest v3.x.x version.

Runstastic had a subscription model but after being acquired by Adidas, because I had an Adidas micoach account, from years ago, I now also have a lifetime account for Runtastic, in perpetuity.

I wonder if Agilebits could offer something for this very longstanding customers?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @wkleem

While I appreciate your passion for this topic we've discussed it with you in multiple threads. I'm sorry but we're not going to be able to rehash it here again.

(the latest example of where we've had this conversation: I wonder if there could be a compromise between perpetual and subscription? — AgileBits Support Forum )

In short: No, we're not able to give everyone who has ever had a license for a 1Password product a 1Password.com subscription membership, but we're also not taking anything away from those folks. As long as their licenses continue to work for them they're welcome to continue using them. In that sense they are "lifetime." And we're happy to help anyone who has a license and would like help transitioning to a membership -- just drop us an email to sales@1password.com with your purchase information and we'll do our best to help.

I'll ask again that you please try to avoid posting in multiple topics about the same subject. It creates a duplication of efforts, and slows down the support process for everyone.

I do truly appreciate how much thought you invest in everything related to 1Password, and am glad you participate here on these forums. :)

Thank you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.