Searching in usernames..

Options

Hey Folks

I've been using v6 for the last few motnhs, and so far it's been mostly good, but just recently, i've noticed that the search seems to include looking at username, which has created a minor inconvenience when i go to log in to my actual email, as all the (0 - E) accounts that i signed up with my Fastmail email address appear in front of my actual Fastmail login.

I have my Fastmail login favourited, but this seems to have no impact on the search ranking?

Is there some way to stop or work-around this behaviour?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.6.439d
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@numpty: Yep. Currently 1Password 6 defaults to searching everything. I'm not sure we want to limit search to just titles, but we may be able to add more granular control over search in the future though. What did you have in mind? :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @numpty,

Thanks for writing in.

Favorites have no impact in the general searches, it is only used when you're already on Fastmail.com to move the favorited item on top of the matched Login items for Fastmail.com only.

If you're not on Fastmail.com or on any site, then 1Password mini shows everything. In this case, you can click on Favorites first (Alt + 1) on the sidebar to find Fastmail to open it.

We do plan further improvements to the search in the future.

This discussion has been closed.