Autofill Keyboard Sucks

Options
joadha
joadha
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Android

Seriously? It seems that the bare minimum went into this keyboard. It takes ages to enter properly spelled / capitalized messages. Please make it better, or partner with someone who already has an awesome keyboard.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@joadha: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The 1Password Keyboard is primarily meant for filling, not general use, since most Android users have a preferred 3rd party or custom keyboard. As we're focused on security, we do not have plans to partner with another company, or to build a fancy keyboard ourselves. We're working on adopting Google's new filling APIs for the upcoming Android O, and that will allow much more powerful filling without relying on a keyboard. In the mean time it would be best to use your preferred keyboard for typing, and then use the 1Password Keyboard when you need to fill login credentials. Cheers! :)

• joadha
    joadha
    Community Member
    Options

Switching keyboards is kind of a hassle. I would be content with capitalization following punctuation and a basic dictionary for autosuggestion. I will probably have to wait over a year for Android O to reach my device, assuming the final release will be any time soon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I hear you. I guess it depends on how your device is setup. Here it's just a long press on the spacebar. Android O is probably only a few months off, so we really need to use that time to work filling and other changes which are necessary to accommodate that. But you're right that there's no guarantee that the carrier or device manufacturer you're dependent on will offer a short turnaround there. Sorry I don't have better news for you. :(

• joadha
    joadha
    Community Member
    Options

What the whaaaaat. I didn't know I could switch keyboards like that. This will do. Thanks!

• peri
    Options

Awesome! I'm glad brenty was able to help out, @joadha. Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.