To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have 1password on my computer and want to add the app on my phone but do not have a secret key

gustella
gustella
Community Member

I have 1password on my computer and want to add the app on my phone but do not have a secret key

1Password Version: 5.1.BETA-34
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1password on my computer and want to add the app on my phone but do not have a secret key

Comments

• gustella
    gustella
    Community Member

What's the difference between having an account and having a licence? and how do I know what I have?

1Password Version: 5.1.BETA-34
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:What's the difference between having an account and having a licence? and how do I know what I have?

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @gustella
    Judging from the version you have stated, I'm pretty sure you have a standalone license and not a 1Password.com account.
    This pages sums up all the advantages of having an account: https://support.1password.com/why-account/
    Basically, having a standalone license means, you have to license every platform (iOS, Android, Windows, Mac) where you want to use 1Password. With the account, you're covered.
    But I'm not an AB employee, so maybe you prefer an "official" answer to your question. :)

• gustella
    gustella
    Community Member

thank you,
    and just to verify - If I do have a standalone license and not an account, does that mean I can only use it on my mac and no other devises?

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

No, it means that you need to purchase the 1Password apps on your other devices too and that you have to setup sync, if you want to have the same data on all devices.
    Here are your sync options: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

• Hi @gustella - Thank you for reaching out to us. @Manaburner is right! It sounds like you purchased a standalone license which gives you the ability to use 1Password on your Mac. This includes in-version updates and you have to set up a sync source using iCloud or Dropbox.

Have you considered giving a 1Password membership a test drive? All the apps are included in addition to future upgrades since it's built into the monthly or annual pricing. You can access your data from any device via the web. We take care of all the syncing and backups on our end so you don't have to manage or setup a sync source. We include a 30 day free trial giving you an opportunity to try out all the features to make sure it's the right fit for you. Keep us posted if you have any additional questions. We're happy to help. :smile:

• gustella
    gustella
    Community Member

I now how the problem that I thought I would have.

I signed up for an account (at the moment doing the 30 day trial) and now have a new account on my phone.

But all of my passwords and information is on my mac with my stand alone license.

How do I get all the information from my standalone lisence synced to my new account??

Please help!

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

You need to add your account to your Mac app, using the Secret Key + the Master Password of your account (e.g. noted down in the Emergency Kit). Then you can move or copy the items within the Mac app to your 1Password.com account vaults.

• Manaburner is correct. You should follow this guide:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

Let us know how that goes.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.