1password not filling login information

Hello guys,

Filling login information is not working for months on my machine, but I just managed to ask for help now.

When I click on the login information in 1password mini, a new tab is opened, the site loads up but login form keeps empty. The same occurs when clicking on the login information on the 1password Chrome extension. Empty text fields every time.

Steps tried:

• Updated Google Chrome;
  • Reinstalled 1password 6;
  • Reinstalled Chrome's extension;
  • Checked “Always keep 1Password mini running”, “Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords” and “Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them” in preferences.

I tested on Firefox it does not work as well.
On Safari I get this error when I try to install the extension: "Safari can’t install this extension. An error occurred while installing the extension “1Password”."

I don't know what else I can do to make it work again. Hope you guys can help me.

Thanks in advance,
Rafael

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.6.90
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:filling chrome mac

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hello, @rafaelfe, and welcome to the forums. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having. It sounds like something might be blocking the connection from Chrome to 1Password. The most common situations are listed here.

We do have a new approach to connecting the Chrome extension to 1Password that is currently in beta. If it's an option, perhaps you could give it a try and see if that approach works better.

Let us know what you find!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• rafaelfe
    rafaelfe
    Community Member

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for you message. I already tried all the steps in this article with no success.
    I'll test the beta versions of 1password and the Chrome extension and will let you know about the results.

Thank you,
    Rafael

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hopefully the beta works for you @rafaelfe,

Do let us know how you get on :chuffed:

Best regards,
    Matthew

• rafaelfe
    rafaelfe
    Community Member

Hello @jxpx777 and @matthew_ag,

I just installed beta versions of 1password and Chrome extension, rebooted my computer and it stills the same, no forms filled.
    I tried using 1password mini and the contextual menu on Chrome.

Anything else I can do?

Best,
    Rafael

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @rafaelfe,

Sorry about this. I'm just wondering when the 1Password Mini window appears do you see a message that says something like "Trial expired. Click here to buy." or "Read-only mode. Click here to buy." at the top of the 1Password Mini window? We made some changes around the handling of filling and whether or not you're in trial mode versus a paid customer.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• rafaelfe
    rafaelfe
    Community Member

Hello @matthew_ag,

Yes, it shows "Trial expired". But it used to work before, even when it was already expired.
    So you changed with no communication at all. Maybe the app should show a message when the user tries to fill a form in trial mode, like: "You can't fill forms in trial mode, please add a license" or something like this.

So, I'm willing to become a paying customer, but I don't understand the diference between paying for the Mac app and paying for the subscription online. Do you know where do I get this information?

Best,
    Rafael

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @rafaelfe,

If you're seeing that message, it would explain the reason why filling into web pages isn't working. The 1Password app isn't supposed to let you fill into the browser unless it has been purchased or is running in the 30-day trial mode. We noticed there were some issues with this which we resolved in our recent updates. Sorry about giving the impression that this was a free feature.

You can subscribe for a 1Password Membership from either the version of 1Password downloaded from us directly or from 1Password.com. I would recommend downloading our app from 1Password.com simple because it avoids us having to pay 30% of our sales to Apple.

The best guide we have for the step-by-step process of migrating your data into a 1Password Membership account is this one:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

I hope this helps. Let me know how that goes and if you've any questions about anything above don't hesitate to send a reply.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• rafaelfe
    rafaelfe
    Community Member

Hey @matthew_ag,

I just subscribed the 1password plan and linked my old vault to this new one. Everything is working perfectly.

I really thank you for all the help and support.

Best,
    Rafael

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Wonderful :chuffed: :+1: Really glad to hear that.

Thanks for reaching out and if you need any help in the future please do write in again.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.