Windows App v6.6 Constantly crashing

Options

Ive come from a Mac environment to a corporate Windows environment. The macOS 1password app was mostly great, worked well ~95% of the time. The windows version however is a total dog. I need to restart my Windows 10 PC at least every half hour to stop the App Crashing constantly. Both the mini app and the desktop app crashing when interacting. If the mini app pops up to save a password, it will crash halfway through entering password. The desktop app crashes ~10 seconds after logging in. Totally unuseable. Ive updated .Net to 4.7 as that seems to be referenced in the error logs generated. Any help appreciated, more information available via email. Im about to switch to KeePass or LastPass if this cant be resolved, thats how annoying it is.

1Password Version: 6.6.439
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 build 14393
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• @doug_watson_nz sorry to hear that it's crashing on Windows. I can totally understand your feelings, I have a bunch of apps failing exactly the same way. There was a .NET 4.7 update recently that didn't go well for many people, as far as I know Microsoft is pushing an update soon. Meanwhile you can try and remove .NET 4.7 from the system, install .NET 4.6.2 instead (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344). Please let us know if it helps.

On a theory that you might be experiencing another trouble - please send us some error records from your Application Event Log to support+windows@agilebits.com, we will be happy to make a fix. Thank you :)

This discussion has been closed.