To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Line breaks in secret key?

cstew
cstew
Community Member

I am trying to sign in, and I'm getting a message that the email address and secret key are not correct for my 1password account.

I have made sure I am entering the correct secret key. The secret key as shown on my iPhone has three lines, but I have just entered the characters in one long line when putting my secret key into the sign in page. Do I need to include returns so that there are three lines, and if so, how do I do that? When I hit return when entering the secret key, it assumes that is an enter signal.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cstew - Sorry for the confusion. You don't need to add breaks. Just make sure you include the dashes and enter it exactly as shown on your device or Emergency Kit. Example of how it should be entered - A3-RY9NQH-BLGRSQ-2NSGY-VMR9B-WYSGA-XRS2W

Please note - never share your Secret Key with anyone including us. This is an example, I created on my end.

Keep me posted if you're still running into trouble with your Secret Key so we can move the conversation over to email. I'll be able to better assist you over there :+1:

• cstew
    cstew
    Community Member

Thanks for responding, Frank. I'm still having issues, so could we move this over to an email discussion?

• Hi cstew - You're welcome and I just sent you over an email. At your earliest convenience, reply back to me so we can continue our conversation. :smile: Talk to you soon. :wink:

ref: TJV-17752-258

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Also, it is usually simplest not to use the keyboard for the secret key.

If you have a printed Emergency Kit, you can use the iPhone camera to scan the QR code.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Good point - thanks @danco! If possible, scanning the QR code makes it much easier to fill the sign-in details of an account (except for when signing in on the 1Password.com website, as that doesn't have an option to scan a QR code).

This discussion has been closed.