URL captured by 1P doesn't work, I must browse to web site first.

IPassword has been working great for most of my logins for several years. Now I have one that I can't seem to get to work correctly. I capture the login as I always have. Then when I select it, it goes to the site and I get an error:

Something went wrong during the login process. Go back to the MyPCC login page and try again (don't use the back button).

Where "MyPCC login page" is a link that takes you back to the login page. When I go back via the link, I can use the CTRL-\ to fill in the login and it works.

Looking at the URL, I suspect that it contains something unique that 1P is capturing that only works once. How can I get this to work?
The web site is: my.pcc.edu

You will notice when you enter this URL, it actually goes to a hugely complicated URL.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.5 (Mozilla Firefox)
OS Version: 6.1.7061 Service Pack 1
Sync Type: WiFi Sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DoctorBrown: Ah, you're right. It's redirecting and giving you some crazy authentication token in the destination URL for some reason. Like this:

https://authenticate.pcc.edu/authenticationendpoint/login.do?commonAuthCallerPath=%252Fcas%252Flogin&forceAuth=false&passiveAuth=false&relyingParty=Portal&tenantDomain=carbon.super&type=cassso&sessionDataKey=dd2982c1-4a98-4e69-91f6-7cd2ef47a81c&relyingParty=Portal&type=cassso&sp=Portal&isSaaSApp=false&authenticators=BasicAuthenticator:LOCAL

1Password can only capture the URL that your browser has in the address bar when you save; it doesn't have any way of knowing that another URL might be better (and frankly I would find it creepy if it were looking at the browser's history to grab the previous page or something).

Now, without an actual account I can't really test this, but it looks like you can just use the main address you gave with a minor tweak (to turn it into a full URL) and use that:

https://my.pcc.edu

Does that work better as the URL for your login item? You'll still be redirected of course, but you'll still be at the same domain and can use the login there. Let me know if that helps! :)

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member

Yes, that worked. I thought I had tried that, hence my post. I wasn't sure that 1P would recognize the redirected web page correctly and fill in the fields. Thanks for the assist.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yes, that worked.

@DoctorBrown: Great! Thanks for letting me know! :chuffed:

I thought I had tried that, hence my post. I wasn't sure that 1P would recognize the redirected web page correctly and fill in the fields. Thanks for the assist.

Ah, that's a really good point! I think you may have been right about that years ago, but 1Password has a built in mechanism to wait until the page finishes loading, so that helps with redirects like this too. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.