Want to migrate 1P from Mac to Android, the masterpass word on Android doesn't work, what to do?

Options
foolonthhill
foolonthhill
Community Member

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I want to migrate with 1P from Mac to Android, the masterpass word from Mac doesn't work on Android, so what to do?
Mac and Android are synconised with Dropbox and google.

Second question:
The automatic filling of passwords by 1Password to enter any programms or plattform doesn't not work any longer.
So what to do?

Beste regards

Peter-W.

1Password Version: 4.4.3.
Extension Version: Firefox
OS Version: OSW 10.9.5.
Sync Type: Dropbox, Google
Referrer: forum-search:Want to migrate with 1P from Mac to Android, the masterpass word on Android doesn't work, what to do

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@foolonthhill: Are you maybe using a Master Password that uses special characters which are treated differently between platforms? Using regular ASCII characters is best, and given that you're using an old version of 1Password for Mac you also won't have the benefit of improvements we've made in this area (and many others) in recent years. Definitely consider upgrading:

1Password 4 legacy support information

Also, what do you mean by "Mac and Android are synconised with Dropbox and google"? 1Password does not support Google Drive, and trying to use that in conjunction with Dropbox may cause some issues for you as well.

Regarding your second question, unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, device, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you having trouble filling logins on your Mac or Android device, and can you give me an example URL where you're experiencing the problem? Thanks in advance! :)

• foolonthhill
    foolonthhill
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Brenty,

first to my second question:
    So when I want to enter f. ex. my account on the 1PW plattform with 1PW, (which worked over years without problems), it doesn't work any longer and I'm told by Firefox, that Firefox is connected but the Firefox Code Signature could not be proofed and that theire might be a configuration problem. And this problem I do have with stored password at all URL's.
    It is Firefox 54.0.1 (64-Bit) on OS X 10.9.5 (13F1911) on an Mac Book Air 1.7 Ghz Intel Core i7 (13-inch, Mid 2013).

So for my second question how can I syncronise 1P and for an Samsung S8+ from my iphone or from my Max Book Air?

Best regards Peter

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

@foolonthhill: Thanks for letting me know. We don't want 1Password to send sensitive information to the browser if something has tampered with it, so if the code signature check fails 1Password will refuse the connection. Have you tried restarting your Mac? It may be that something is hung up there and that will resolve it. Otherwise installing a fresh copy of Firefox should do the trick. However, if you have "security" software that is interfering, that can cause the same problem by simply preventing 1Password from connecting to validate the browser. Do you have something like "antivirus" (or other extensions) which may be the culprit?

As for migrating data and especially keeping it in sync across multiple platforms, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. But that would necessitate updating to a recent macOS version (Yosemite or higher, though that's a free upgrade for you). Otherwise you can use Dropbox to sync between your devices.

How are you liking the S8 by the way? :)

• foolonthhill
    foolonthhill
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Brenty,

meanwihle I found out by the help of your links how I can synchronise 1PW with the Dropbox. But naturally on the S8 the Masterpassword for 1 PW doesn't work eiather.
    The problem is not solved.

So if the 1PW membership means I should to pay a monthly rate to 1 PW I will change the programm all at once.
    I know that monthly tributes have meanwhile become very favorable but all companies and all software (Adobe is well known for those methodes) who ‘offers‘ me something like a monthly hire has to leave my portfolio, which I did with all the Adobe programms.

If this should be the cause for the problem with the automatic (un-)fulfilling of 1PW with URLS, I will be finished with 1 PW as well.
    Naturally I restarted my mac tried to do a new installation of 1PA and so on and so forth and meanwhile I investeted already to much time in this shit. I don't have the time for this antiproductive kinky dinky games.
    So it is mor effetiv if my secretary is typing the whole content of 1 PW into a similar software or app, if this app should not be possible to import the 1 PA content.

The S8 has a very good and powerfeul hardware, with some excellent software feature features too, but on a whole the connectivity with MAC is not satisfying (see f. ex. 1PW neither the connectivity with my new BMW) and the software for me as an yearlong Mac and iphone user is to unfamiliar and not comfortable. It doesn't match my idea of plug and play.
    So the S8 might leave my portfolio as well (which also means the same for all the employes in my companies and their business hardware gear).
    But this I'm going to decide in the next weeks.

Best regards

PW

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

meanwihle I found out by the help of your links how I can synchronise 1PW with the Dropbox. But naturally on the S8 the Masterpassword for 1 PW doesn't work eiather. The problem is not solved.

@foolonthhill: I was wondering about that. Thanks for letting me know. You didn't respond to the suggestion I made in my first reply. Did you take a look at this article?

Master Password and special characters

Since these are often encoded differently on different platforms, using non-ASCII characters in your Master Password can cause problems on different OSes. Does that apply in your situation?

So if the 1PW membership means I should to pay a monthly rate to 1 PW I will change the programm all at once.

Or you can continue using the version(s) of 1Password you've already paid for. While you won't get all of the added benefits of 1Password.com, it also won't cost you any additional money to keep using what you already have.

I know that monthly tributes have meanwhile become very favorable but all companies and all software (Adobe is well known for those methodes) who ‘offers‘ me something like a monthly hire has to leave my portfolio, which I did with all the Adobe programms.

Well, I think that any product or service should be judged on its own merits. You're leaving a lot on the table in the way of features that are simply not possible with a standalone app. But it's absolutely your call if you want to unilaterally reject any subscription service out of hand.

If this should be the cause for the problem with the automatic (un-)fulfilling of 1PW with URLS, I will be finished with 1 PW as well.

Can you be more specific? Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you having trouble with specific sites, or on a particular device? If so, definitely let me know the URL(s) so I can investigate. Thanks in advance! :)

Naturally I restarted my mac tried to do a new installation of 1PA and so on and so forth and meanwhile I investeted already to much time in this [inappropriate language removed by AgileBits staff] So it is mor effetiv if my secretary is typing the whole content of 1 PW into a similar software or app, if this app should not be possible to import the 1 PA content.

Well, I hope you don't use that language with your secretary. Anyway, if you think your time/money is better spent on manual entry, that's fine. But if you need help with something be sure to let us know! :blush:

The S8 has a very good and powerfeul hardware, with some excellent software feature features too, but on a whole the connectivity with MAC is not satisfying (see f. ex. 1PW neither the connectivity with my new BMW) and the software for me as an yearlong Mac and iphone user is to unfamiliar and not comfortable. It doesn't match my idea of plug and play. So the S8 might leave my portfolio as well (which also means the same for all the employes in my companies and their business hardware gear). But this I'm going to decide in the next weeks.

I hear you. I started using an Android device full time this year myself. While it took some getting used to, I've mostly gotten the hang of it...but there are still some things that I get stuck on from time to time. Often it just takes time, but that too is a limited resource.

This discussion has been closed.