ING Direct (AUS) Bank Login - conflict with 1Password

Options

The 1Password chrome extension is recognising the password field of my banking website as a suggestion to save when I'm clicking my password.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to save the Access Code as they've made it a click-only selection. I'm assuming this is to increase security.

However, each time I click a number - 1Password pops up with a suggestion to save this password - but of course, it's not ideal.

I know I can just filter it out, but thought incase you guys run into more websites similar to these - would be handy to run a few more tests!

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @rph28,

This site has actually been reported at some point and we have discussed it. We're hoping an idea we're kicking around will help but I don't know exactly when it will be available in an accessible version of 1Password or our extension. What I can say is we do want to do better there as having seen it in action I can see how it would get annoying fast if you didn't want to disable asking to save. Hopefully we'll have some good news soon :smile:

• rph28
    rph28
    Community Member
    Options

Good to hear something is in the works already, thanks for the prompt respone @littlebobbytables !

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:smile:

• jonnyppp
    jonnyppp
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jonnyppp,

Welcome to the Forum! The original issue described in this thread was that whenever you clicked on an Access Code button 1Password would popup offering to save or update your Login item, is this what is happening for you?

We resolved this issue as of 1Password Extension version 4.6.2 so it should be resolved already. You can check your version of the 1Password extension by checkout out our how to update your 1Password extension guide.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

ref: OPX-1225

This discussion has been closed.