Mac 6.6.4 version of 1Password unexpectedly quit after I deleted folder, stuck in this loop

Options
rj99
rj99
Community Member

This is my second try at posting, somehow my first post was deemed spam and disappeared.

I have the latest iOS on iPhone running 1Password there. On iMac I have the main 1P app.

Few days ago I added a new folder on Mac and put 19 logins there. It synced to iPhone, but only 10 of 19 logins. I sent email to agile bits but no one has replied yet. I did all the restarts and reinstalls that the support site says to do.

I noticed that if I tickle a login on mac (edit and save), it would appear on iPhone in the folder. Well, I decided just to delete the folder on iPhone with the hope that it would resync. It didn't.

A minute later I tried to go back to 1P on Mac and it is stuck in this loop of pop up that it unexpectedly quit and it won't stay open. The mini password in Safari works fine. Again, I deleted the app from finder, restarted, reinstalled, several times and nothing was working.

So after I posted here the first time, I decided to go back and see if the folder deleted from iPhone change made it to the Mac. I took the video of the screen when the app opens and closes and I did see the folder gone on Mac, that I deleted from iPhone before this mess started happening.

So I went in and added a new Test folder to iPhone and 1password on Mac now opens and stays open and displays that Test folder.

BUT

The annoying Problem Report for 1Password 6 unexpectedly quit, would you like to send report keeps showing up. I restarted, reinstalled and it shows up as soon as I open 1password from a clean install.

As soon as I delete 1Password from Applications folder, a window pops up with blue smiling icon and it says: There is no application set to open the URL x-onepassword4://quit, then says search the app store for an application that can open this document. Is that the reason? How do we fix this?

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• rj99
    rj99
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I deleted the app, restarted, reinstalled and still have this problem.

It all started a few days ago when I created a new folder on iMac app and added some logins there. Only 10 of 19 synced to the iPhone. I noticed that tickling the login (edit and save) made it appear in iPhone folder. But other remaining logins did not sync. I sent email to agile bits but no one has replied, at all.

So I decided today to delete the entire folder from iPhone app and hoped it will resync complete. Well, it created hell.

1password on Mac is now stuck in "unexpectedly quit, do you want to submit report to apple" state. Nothing fixes this.

There is no customer service at agile bits that I can call, what should I do? I need the 1password and am afraid I will do something stupid and lose all my passwords.

UPDATE:
    I took a video of what's happening on the iMac when it opens and quits and saw the folder that I deleted on iPhone is not on the Mac app anymore. So I went in and added a Test folder to iPhone and 1password on Mac now opens and stays open.

BUT

The annoying Problem Report for 1Password 6 unexpectedly quit, would you like to send report keeps showing up. I restarted, reinstalled and it shows up as soon as I open 1password from a clean install.

As soon as I delete 1Password from Applications folder, a window pops up with blue smiling icon and it says: There is no application set to open the URL x-onepassword4://quit, then says search the app store for an application that can open this document. Is that the reason? How do we fix this?

1Password Version: 6.6.4
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.11.6
    Sync Type: dropbox

• rudy
    edited April 2017
    Options

@rj99,

Unlike iOS, a clean install on Mac doesn't work the same way. While you may have deleted the Application itself there are other files in your home directory that persist, this is why you'd be seeing the Problem Report window when you launch 1Password. They only get submitted 1 at a time, so its quite possible you've got a number queued up.

Were you able to submit the problem report in with your email address?

The blue smiling icon dialog is the result of trying to quit 1Password after having already moved it to the trash.

Lets see if we can work through the crashing issue first and then take a look at the sync issue.

Let me know if you're able to submit your report and I can take a look and see why its crashing on you.

Rudy

• rj99
    rj99
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I just did submit the report and pasted the link to this conversation in comments.

• rudy
    edited July 2017
    Options

@rj99,

Thanks, I found it and am taking a look into what's going on there.

Rudy

ref: OPM-4977

• rj99
    rj99
    Community Member
    Options

I had similar thing happen on my iMac, somehow it got resolved. Now on my MacBook Air, it's been happening where I can't open the main app at all because it keeps crashing, but the 1password mini in browser works fine. I tried everything in the knowledgebase, deleted, restarted, deleted, restarted, upgraded to Sierra, deleted, restarted. Nothing is working. Sent a bunch of crash logs (20 or so every time it crashed), please let me know if you got them and we see what you can do to help.

Otherwise happy with 1password. But if this is not fixed, I'll start looking for other options.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
    Extension Version: 4.6.6
    OS Version: 10.12.5
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rj99,

Thanks for letting us know about that and for sending the crash logs. I'm sorry this problem started happening on your other Mac! Since this sounds related to the original crashes you reported, I've merged your new post with your other forum thread about it.

I'll ping @rudy and/or some other devs about this to make sure they're aware that you sent in the new crash logs and to see if they have any ideas. Did this just start happening recently on your MacBook Air? Did it seem to start happening after installing a certain update?

ref: OPM-4977

• rj99
    rj99
    Community Member
    Options

I think it started happening around same time as the iMac. A few months ago, but was never an issue since the mini password worked. Now we need MacBook air without iMac and it's more painful not to have the full app available.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @rj99. I've pinged @rudy about this, so he or one of our other developers will get back to you as soon as possible with more information. We'll help to figure this out one way or another. :)

This discussion has been closed.