Question on vaults

dbabq
dbabq
Community Member

I am a longtime 1Password user, and I just took the plunge on 1Password Families. I am interested in the best way to keep vaults in sync. If I place an item in the shared vault and also in my private vault, do the duplicate items stay synced if I make changes to the item in only one of the vaults?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dbabq - Great question and thank you for asking :smile: You have two options when adding an item to the Shared vault - you can copy or move any item over but there is a difference so let me explain.

If you "copy" an item over to the Shared vault, the original item will remain in your Private vault while a copy will be added to your Shared vault. If you make a change to the copy in the Shared vault, the changes will not sync over to the original item in your Private vault and vice versa. If you "move" an item over to the Shared vault, any changes made to the item, the changes will sync over to the original item within the Shared vault. This will also remove the item from your Private vault.

I hope this helped clarify things a bit more. Keep me posted if you have any additional questions. I'll be happy to help :smile:

• dbabq
    dbabq
    Community Member

So there's no way to keep an item synced that lives in more than one vault?

• Hi @dbabq - You're correct, if you make a change to an item, only the original item will sync with the changes. At the moment, syncing changes across multiple vaults is not possible but we are looking for ways to improve this in the future. Sorry for not having a better answer for you at this time and I hope the information helped. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.