Cannot setup 1Password on iPad

Options
BillHuber
BillHuber
Community Member

I previously tried to set up 1Password on iPad but never got past its failure to recognize my master password. I would like to set it up now and am continuing to encounter failure to recognize master password. Have deleted 1Password and reinstalled on iPad and it continues to find account name but does not accept password. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @BillHuber,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Do you have 1Password working on a different device? If so how are you syncing your data from that device to the iPad? If you're using a 1Password membership, are you scanning the QR code from inside the app on the working device with the iPad to set that membership up?

Please let us know. :)

Ben

• BillHuber
    BillHuber
    Community Member
    Options

1Password is working on both home iMacs which are wirelessly networked. Not sure how I am syncing them though. Cannot figure out how to scan QR code from iPad app.

• BillHuber
    BillHuber
    Community Member
    Options

Problem solved. Apparently iPad installation was looking at initial account that I had tried setting up months ago that had very similar name as my family account.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear you were able to get this sorted out, @BillHuber :)

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.