1Password 4, Browserextension not longer working

cmi
cmi
Community Member

Heya,

I'm using 1Password4 on Windows for several years now. Some days ago I got an update and since then the browser extensions (both chrome and firefox) stopped working ("Looking for the 1Password helper"). Tried restarting (ofc) and uninstalling/installing the (chrome) extension.

Any idea what might cause the trouble or what I can check?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.624
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cmi,

Thank you for reaching out! :+1:

Could you please try to do the following:

1) Launch 1Password 4 and go to Help > Advanced and put the checkmark next to Use Native Messaging protocol.

2) Close all the browsers.

3) Go to 1Password 4 > Help > Restart 1Password Helper.

4) Launch the browser you need.

Does the issue remain after that? Please let us know. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• cmi
    cmi
    Community Member

Hey @Greg,

thanks for the quick response. Worked out of the box for Firefox, had to re-install the plugin for Chrome. It works like a charm now.

Thank you! :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cmi,

Great news! :) I am happy to hear I was able to help. Please do not hesitate to contact us again in the future, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

• autronix
    autronix
    Community Member

I have a similar issue, except I do not get asked about the helper. The recommended solution did not work, when attempting to use the chrome extension, I see this: http://prntscr.com/fw74jh

This is the current setting under Help>Advanced: http://prntscr.com/fw74u4

Uninstalling and reinstalling the extension did not work, restarting the browser did not work, restarting the computer did not work.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @autronix,

Thank you for weighing in!

In order to find out what is happening, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where you have this issue with the extension:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• autronix
    autronix
    Community Member

Email sent, thanks for the information

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@autronix: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: YHQ-74969-944

• EeroF
    EeroF
    Community Member

Same thing here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@EeroF: I suspect you're having a different issue, as a lot has changed this past month. Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.