Difficulty using 1Password in browser on iOS

sherm123
sherm123
Community Member
edited July 2017 in iOS

I have no difficulty using 1Password when on Firefox to login to saved websites. However, I can't seem to figure out how to accomplish the same when using my iPhone or iPad.

Comments

• HI @sherm123,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. We have a guide on using 1Password in apps, including Safari and other browsers that support the extension, here:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - 1Password Support

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• sherm123
    sherm123
    Community Member

have no difficulty using 1Password when on Firefox to login to saved websites. However, I can't seem to figure out how to accomplish the same when using my iPhone or iPad.

• sherm123
    sherm123
    Community Member

Ben,

Thank you for the rapid reply. I believe I have the 1Password extension for both Safari and Firefox installed on both my iPad and iPhone.
    I'm not sure how the extension used.

sherm123

• Hey sherm123,

The guide I linked explains how to do that. :)

Ben

• sherm123
    sherm123
    Community Member

Ben,

I've used the link and get stuck in the same place every time.
    If you refer to the link there is one section where Amazon is the web page to be filled.
    The first instruction given ..."To fill a password, tap a Login item."
    In my situation I get to that point with the web page I want to login to and when I tap the Login item
    I wind up going back to the login page of the website with nothing in it changed.
    It is an endless loop.

Sherm

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sherm123: Thanks for following up. Please tell me the URL you're visiting when you encounter this issue and the one you have saved in that login in 1Password along with the iOS and 1Password versions you're using so I can test it. Thanks in advance!

• sherm123
    sherm123
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,
    I learned yesterday that the banking website I'm having trouble with uses something called an i frame which 1Password can't handle in an IOS environment. However, the same problem doesn't exist in OS X so I can use 1Password to login on my iMac. No need to pursue the matter any further as currently there is no solution for mobile devices.

Thank you for your attempt to assist.

Sherman

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, indeed...the dreaded iframe. Sorry about that. :(

Hopefully we'll have the ability to do something to help in these cases in the future on iOS. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.