How Can I Display More Items in iPassword Mini?

JonS
JonS
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Mac

I have over 500+ passwords and numerous accounts. When I search in iPassword Mini, the drop down list in my browser (Firefox) always displays "Show More" after just displaying a few items. How can I disable this or get it to show at least 10-15?

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.5
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JonS,

Thank you for taking the time to ask us about that! I'm afraid there currently isn't a setting to change that in 1Password, but we hear from other customers about this too, and hopefully we'll be able to do something about it in a future version. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now, though! Thanks for letting us know you'd also be interested in changing the number of items shown in the search results.

If you have more questions or need anything else, we're here for you! :)

• BoxCar
    BoxCar
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Please disable ‘show more ## items" in 1P mini. The feature is so Clippy, Windows 98 or whatever. I don’t want 1P to guess what I want to see just show me all results. Sometimes 1P mini hides all but 1 result(s), other times it displays multiple. It is usually not the result I want or I wouldn’t be here...

• ag_kevin
    edited July 2017

Hi @BoxCar ,

You can disable it now with a little trick.

Open the Terminal app.

If you purchased 1Password from the AgileBits Website, enter the following command:
    defaults write 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper OPPrefSearchResultsShowMoreLimit -int 10

If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, enter the following:
    defaults write 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper OPPrefSearchResultsShowMoreLimit -int 10

That changes the number in the list to 10. If you want no limit at all, change 10 to -1

You can do a similar thing with the Category list by replacing OPPrefSearchResultsShowMoreLimit with OPPrefCategoryShowMoreLimit.

I hope that helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
    Kevin

ref: OPM-5064

• BoxCar
    BoxCar
    Community Member

Cool. Exposing those in a advanced settings tab would be cool too.

• Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

• TonyHall
    TonyHall
    Community Member

Excellent! Many thanks @ag_kevin.

One less minor irritation in my life. :)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TonyHall

I'm glad to hear that Kevin's advice was helpful for you too! If you need help wit anything else, we're here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.