To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Moving from "Primary" vault to cloud?

Options
kmclaren
kmclaren
Community Member

I am in support and have a user with an iPhone running the 1Password app using what is called the "Primary" vault. It is setup to sync with iCloud but is not actually syncing with any other machines. He has purchased a copy of 1 Password 6 for PC which is asking for username, password and secret key. He is not currently using the cloud service and does not have these setup as far as he is aware and we know that he current password file is not in the 1Password cloud service.

My question is about how to sync the password file from the iPhone's "Primary" vault to the PC? It does not appear that the latest versions of 1Password support iCloud based sync any longer. We can setup a cloud based account but I have no clue how to move the password file from iCloud to the 1Password cloud.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kmclaren!

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

1Password syncing via iCloud uses Apple's CloudKit technology, which is not available on Windows, so unfortunately it is impossible to sync a Windows computer with 1Password using iCloud.

You can learn about how to migrate to a Windows compatible 1Password membership here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.