Different shade of blue?

Options
ohreally
ohreally
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I would love to see the Windows app be the same blue 1Password uses on their website and in the logo. Just sayin'!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ohreally: Hmm. Good point. What did you have in mind? The OS sets the "highlight colour" (used for the title bar, etc.) and I'm not sure we want to change that in 1Password. And I feel like using this bright blue would be too much and cause readability issues if we use that in the sidebar...but perhaps there are other places we could make more use of colour in the app. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

ref: OPW6-1269

• ohreally
    ohreally
    Community Member
    Options

I guess you have good point, thanks Brenty

Cheers!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thanks for your thoughts on this! It's tough, because we want to make 1Password look pretty without getting in everyone's face. For now we're focused on using the blue colour relatively sparingly so it has more impact, but we're always working to refine the design. Cheers! :)

• sammularczyk
    sammularczyk
    Community Member
    Options

I'd love to see the bright blue used in the website and Mac apps. The dark, dim blue right now doesn't really feel like 1Password to me!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well, it's possible that 1Password for Mac might match the new Windows app more closely in the future. We're definitely working to improve both and bring them closer together, but that may mean meeting in the middle. Only time will tell. ;)

• ohreally
    ohreally
    Community Member
    Options

nooooooooooooooo, the Mac version is perfect @brenty

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

lol thank you for saying so! I'm fond of it myself as well, but it does feel a bit too Yosemite these days. I'm sure if I tried to tweak it I'd screw it up, but we've got great designers here that I'm confident can give it a fresh coat of paint that we can all love. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.