The app disappeared from my iPhone. Went to App Store and hit the cloud symbol and no passwords

tagno
tagno
Community Member

App disappeared from my iPhone and iPad. Hit the cloud symbol in App Store which brought it back but just shows the welcome page. All my passwords are gone!! What happened and how do I restore? When I hit the iCloud on the welcome page it says no vault found.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @tagno,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

When using 1Password standalone (i.e. without a 1Password.com subscription membership) your 1Password data is by default stored only on your device. On iOS, unlike desktop operating systems, uninstalling an app also removes all data associated with that app. We offer a couple of ways to prevent this:

If you created a backup and saved it on your computer before removing 1Password from your device you should be able to follow the instructions above to restore your data. If you had set up syncing, setting up the same sync method again should help. Since you had 1Password on both an iPhone and an iPad I suspect you may have been syncing?

If you did not do either of those things the only thing I can suggest would be to restore a backup of one or both of your devices from prior to the app being removed from your devices.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.