Bug with Dunkin Donuts app

mzel
mzel
Community Member

When logging in to Dunkin Donuts app I have to tap through 1Password twice. I have multiple logins in DD. The steps are following:

• go to Login screen in DD
  • switch to the 1P keyboard
  • long press on the keyhole icon
  • login to 1P
  • double tap on the login I need
  • it displays pop up "tap on the user name or password"
  • tap on the user name field
  • long press on the keyhole again
  • choose the login again
  • now it fills the name and the password

Also, sometimes in this sequence it claims the Autofill is not enabled, but on the second pass it is shown as enabled.
HTC 10, Android 7. I had the same problem with 6 too

1Password Version: 6.5.3-b3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @mzel. Thanks for reporting this! I'd like to test it out on my end. Can you please clarify a few things?
    1. Is this the Dunkin' Donuts perks & rewards app, or another app?
    2. Is this in Chrome or another browser?
    3. What URL do you have saved with your Login(s) for Dunkin' Donuts?

Thanks!

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Peri,
    1) Yes, that is the app . Dunkin
    2) Not sure what you mean here. I do not see how the browser is involved here. I use Dolphin as default on Android and FF on Win
    3) https://otgo.dunkinbrands.com in all 5 my logins

• Thanks, @mzel. Sorry for the browser question. I was mistakenly asking about filling in the browser as well as the app. :)

I just tested this on my own and I'm not able to reproduce the issue. I created different Logins for Dunkin' Donuts using the https://otgo.dunkinbrands.com URL you mentioned, and I'm able to automatically fill just fine. It sounds like the expected behavior when autofill isn't enabled, which you mentioned seeing a warning for. Is it possible the service is becoming disabled on your device?

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

I see all sorts of strange things here. Sometimes the keyhole icon is gray after the search. Sometimes it turns blue after I tap on the password or user name. Sometimes it still says autofill is not enabled. When it says autofill is not enabled I go and check in settings and it indeed is not enabled. Most of the times it is enabled, but 1p still takes me thru the 2nd round of search>
    If that helps I think I have their regular URL as the 2nd URL in the 1p item for the login in a regular windows browser. Is it possible the Android version does not show the 2nd URL?

• Thanks @mzel. 1Password for Android supports a single URL. So if you have an item with 2 URLs saved on Windows, only the first listed one will be synced to Android, and Android will only be able to fill using that URL. If you have https://otgo.dunkinbrands.com synced to Android, it should work for filling in the app.

That said, I'm not sure why the accessibility service would become disabled for you. Do you by chance have any optimization software on your device? If so, it may be disabling the accessibility service to conserve system resources.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Ok, I guess I narrowed it down a bit. There seems to be some problem with detecting the accessibility service state when switching the apps, or after a logout.
    Yes, I know the android version only sees the 1st URL. This is why I have
    https://otgo.dunkinbrands.com first
    and
    https://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/signin.html second in all my 5 logins.
    Yes, I am sure 1P automatic filling is enabled in Android settings.
    Yet, after I logout DD's app presents a fingerprint prompt. After I hit "use password" I see 1P's keyboard with the keyhole grayed out. If I minimize the app and bring it forward again the keyhole is blue and from that point it works as expected. I think there is some issue with determining the active GUI element or something like that

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

• @mzel thank you for providing the additional details from your testing. From the information that you've provided, it sounds like you're guess about an issue with detecting the active GUI element might be right. The bad news is that I don't have a better workaround for you than the one that you've already discovered.

The good news though is that we're working on a number of improvements to the automatic filling experience in 1Password. Although I can't say much more than that at the moment, we're hoping to start releasing these improvements in successive beta updates in the near future. Once we've updated accessibility service implementation of automatic filling, I'd love to check in and make sure that you're seeing more consistent behaviour with the Dunkin' app.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Che peccato! On the bright side at least the bug is confirmed. On the funny side @mverde is almost the same as @mzel where zel is a shortened version of Russian "green"

• mverde
    edited July 2017

@mzel referencing Russian, Italian, and Portuguese in a single post! Your polyglot skills leave me green with envy :wink:

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Hmm, I did not know I spoke Portugese. I think it is that part which overlaps with Italian.
    Anyway, ping me when you have a fix for this

• Will do, @mzel. :)

This discussion has been closed.