No login information found.

Options
EAPTCB
EAPTCB
Community Member

Hello again guys,

I have an issue sometimes when I'm trying to log in to various sites. For example, if I go to 'shoppingsite.com' to login, ill use the Safari extension on my iPhone to bring up 1P, unlock the app with my fingerprint. But when 1P opens there is no login information shown, now I KNOW it's there, because if I close the 1P app, then open it again (without using the safari add on) and search for 'shoppingsite.com' I find it right away! so I have to copy and paste which is a bit of nuisance when you're logging in on the go.

In the example above, where you know that the log in information is there but not showing, there is no option to search 'all items' or 'chose existing login' etc all you get is 'new login' 'fill credit card' or 'fill identity' The same is true for using 1P browser, the only way around it is to tap on 'done' to exit browser back to vault and find it manually and copy and paste.

1Password Version: 6.8 (iPhone App)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peds48
    peds48
    Community Member
    Options

I second this, there should be a way to search when using the share sheet and the log in item is not found.

• EAPTCB
    EAPTCB
    Community Member
    Options

Anyone know a way round this?

• EAPTCB
    EAPTCB
    Community Member
    Options

Hello again, after trying 1P6, I see that the issue is true for that version too. Would appreciate some kind of response please.

Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @EAPTCB,

This behavior is intentional, and works as an anti-phishing measure. 1Password will only fill logins where a website field on the login item you want to fill has a URL matching the URL of the page you are currently viewing.

Thanks!

Ben

• EAPTCB
    EAPTCB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks@ben. I guess I have to update the URL manually in edit mode so that 1P 'finds' it next time.

• Hey @EAPTCB! That's an excellent plan. I have a few logins with multiple URLs myself to help with this since a handful of sites I use have a few different login pages for separate "sections" of the site. Even when on desktop, not needing to search is always a plus. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.