To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Logging into 1password.com... too much monkey business?

head4heights
head4heights
Community Member

I have a username and password associated with agilebits and this is recorded in my 1PW database. So when I tried to log in and was asked for an email address I thought huh? I had the website send me the info using the address I have exchanged emails with you guys before, but the email said "Huh?" back to me.
So just how do I login?
Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @head4heights - Thank you for reaching out to us. Have you signed up for a 1Password membership already? If so all your log in details are listed on your Emergency Kit - sign-in address, email address, Secret Key and there is a space to write in your Master Password. If you already signed into the web app already, you should only have to enter your Master Password since the Secret Key is often cached. Keep us posted if you have any additional questions and I'll be happy to help out if you're still running into login issues.

• head4heights
    head4heights
    Community Member

Nope... there is no option to manage, so no Emergency Kit. Clicking my name achieves nothing. Clicking the little head avatar offers Edit Profile, but this is less than helpful giving only the opportunity to edit my email address and username. Which rather brings me back to where I came in. I have managed to log-in (I'm really unsure how) on another browser tab and have totally failed to find anything useful yet. Does having logged in constitute membership? If not, how do I sign up?

• Hi @head4heights - Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the confusion, it sounds like you were in the forum settings . I don't believe you have a 1Password.com account. You can definitely sign-up for a 1Password membership. We include a 30 day free trial giving you a chance to test drive all the features. I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions. :smile:

• ArizonaNorse
    ArizonaNorse
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

I seem to be in an infinite loop trying to get my devices to sync. I have a pre-existing license. I am connected to an opvault on Dropbox. I cannot login to my accounts online because I don't have a secret key.

I have all accounts synced with dropbox, but they have differing numbers of records.

I can't get a secret key because I can't login. Do I need a secret key to get these to sync properly? ...help, please?

• Hi @ArizonaNorse

I'm sorry for the difficulty here. It sounds like the source of the confusion is that you're using a standalone license, and not a 1Password.com membership. Only the latter gives you access to login on 1Password.com and manage your account and 1Password data online.

With standalone licenses your data is not stored with AgileBits, and so there is nothing to login to.

With a 1Password.com membership your encrypted data is stored with us, and so you can login to the 1Password.com website. Only 1Password memberships have Secret Keys.

If you're happy with your current arrangement, syncing with Dropbox, you can continue to do that, and we have a guide for troubleshooting difficulties like the one you've described available here:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox - 1Password Support

But if you'd like to read more about the benefits of 1Password membership, including automatic sync between all of your devices simply by signing into your 1Password account, you can read about that here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If that is something you are interested in you can find instructions on migrating to a membership from a standalone license/vault here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.