Add context menu for search result items

sicking
sicking
Community Member

One of the most common reasons for me to open the 1password app is to copy a password in order to paste it into another app/website.

Right now I use the following steps:
1. Launch 1password and log in.
2. Click the "Search" field
3. Type name of the account
4. Click the account
5. Long-press the password field
6. Choose "Copy"

It would be nice if instead I could do the following steps

2. Click the "Search" field
  3. Type name of the account
  4. Long-press the account
  5. Choose "Copy password"

I.e. add a long-press menu on account items which contains "Copy password" and maybe "Copy username". Copying the password is much more common since many apps will retain the username but not the password since last login. And often the username is just my email address which means that I don't need to copy it from 1password.

Also nice would be if the flow was as follows

2. Type name of the account
  3. Long-press the account
  4. Choose "Copy password"

I.e. to focus the search field by default when the app is launched since 9 times out of 10 I want to search for an account in order to copy data from it. But I realize that this might require bigger UI changes in order to enable reaching other parts of the app.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:copy password

Comments

• Hi @sicking

Thanks for taking the time to write up this request. Part of what you've requested is already available. Please try searching for an item, and then when found swipe from left to right over the result. That'll reveal a "copy password" button.

Does that help?

Thanks.

Ben

• sicking
    sicking
    Community Member

Ooh! Yes, that helps a lot. Thanks for letting me know.

It's not something that I would have thought to look for myself. I think in part because that's not the interaction used to copy information elsewhere on iOS. Including elsewhere in 1password (the details page for a login uses longpress rather than side-swipe).

However I'm just a single data-point and understand if others find the current solution more discoverable.

So feel free to take whatever action you guys prefer with this thread. Including closing it as resolved since the feature is indeed there.

• Thanks for the feedback, @sicking. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.