To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password subscription to perpetual license conversion

sankara
sankara
Community Member

I'm tired of waiting for 1Password to add better support for HiDPI in windows for 1P4 (it's seriously unusable). I'm considering getting a family subscription. However, I don't like the idea of losing access to my data if and when I decide to stop the subscription. Some of the software I use provide an option to own a perpetual license (for a fixed version) after paying for a certain time - I won't receive updates but that's alright. May be something like the ability to export the data and use 1P6 after paying for a year? Do you support anything like that?

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Folder Sync
Referrer: forum-search:1Password subscription to perpetual license after a certain period

Comments

• sankara
    sankara
    Community Member

Basically, even if I don't have the ability to pay anymore I want to be able to own and use my data. The idea that I may lose access to my data, however remote the chances are, gives me chills - given the kind of data that's stored there. FYI, I have been using 1Password for a decade now and have paid for multiple version and bought it as gift for multiple people. I really love 1Password and I don't see myself stop paying because I don't like it.

• Hi @sankara,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Even if you stop paying for a 1Password membership we do not lock you out of your data. You can still view (and export) your data, you just will not be able to make any additions or changes without renewing your subscription:

If your 1Password account is frozen - 1Password Support

I understand that isn't exactly what you were hoping/asking for, but perhaps it offers a workable solution? We are certainly bouncing around ideas similar to what you've proposed. At the moment, the biggest hurdle is the fact that 1Password 6 for Windows doesn't have a non-membership mode. It doesn't fully support standalone / local vaults, and its features cannot be unlocked with a license key. As such there would need to be some significant changes made there before we would be able to pursue something like that.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.