One site I use doesn't let me log in via 1Password directly

When I go to Backblaze and try to use 1Password to log in from the app it it pastes my email and password, but the website says the password is incorrect and asks me to reset. If I copy and paste the same password from 1Password everything works fine. So, the password and email address for the login is stored correctly in 1Password, but it isn't inserting it correctly into the website.

1Password Version: 1Password 6
Extension Version: 6.8 (680015)
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Nigell,

Can you try something for us please. Can you follow the steps outlined on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser and create a new Login item for this site. Does the new item behave any better than the old one?

• Nigell
    Nigell
    Community Member

That didn't help. All the login info in 1Password is correct, it's just that using it to login directly from 1Password doesn't work. I can copy the password from 1Password and paste it into the website to get in.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Nigell,

Sorry that didn't work, I just tried myself using 1Password for Mac 6.8 but perhaps I'm not using the same browser as you. I tested using Google Chrome 59.0.3071.115.

Did you try with another browser?

Also, I'd like to confirm, is the web page you're trying to log into this one?

https://secure.backblaze.com/user_signin.htm

Regards,
    Matthew

• Nigell
    Nigell
    Community Member

I've just tried again with Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit) with the same result. It won't directly load in the email and password from the 1Password app, but if I copy the password and paste manually it works.

And yes, that's the correct log in page.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

Hey @Nigell,

Hmm, perhaps something else is going wrong. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/80448/one-site-i-use-doesnt-let-me-log-in-via-1password-directly#latest
    • Your forum username: @Nigell

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Matthew

ref: WMP-75856-655

This discussion has been closed.