1Password 4.6.2.624 on Windows not communicating with browsers

Options

Since recently upgrading to the latest version of 1Password 4 on Windows, I am unable to fill any passwords in either Chrome (my main browser) or Firefox. Whenever I try, I get the error that the 1Password helper isn’t available.

I am running the latest version of the browsers and the relevant extensions.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the extensions and have restarted the system multiple times.

Not sure what more to do about this issue. Any advice would be great.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.624
Extension Version: 4.6.7 (Firefox), 4.6.7.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: Windows 10 x64 (10.0.15063)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Nanci_Larsen
    Nanci_Larsen
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. I hope someone responds to our problem soon!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @jban & @Nanci_Larsen,

Can you check to ensure you have Microsoft .NET 4.6.1 or later installed please and if that doesn't resolve the issue can you restart your PCs and then create a diagnostic report for us. this link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. Can you post that here so we can promptly locate the diagnostic report and work on getting this resolved for each of you.

The Microsoft .NET 4.6.1 or later is a new requirement for 1Password 4 for Windows which we will improve on documenting as we've seen it be the cause for a couple of people now.

• jban
    jban
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response - I have sent a diagnostics report through. Because I'm running Windows 10 Creators Update, I can confirm that I'm running .NET Framework 4.7

• Nanci_Larsen
    Nanci_Larsen
    Community Member
    Options

After I installed Microsoft Net 4.6.1 it now works perfectly! Thank you so much for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nanci_Larsen: Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of lil bobby, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that helped. :)

@jban: I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: IDM-59656-293

This discussion has been closed.