Multiple Discover Cards

Jeffery
Jeffery
Community Member

Hello - I have multiple Discover Cards each with their own unique log-in and password and for years I've been able to log in to each separately. Now each log-in into one account and I can't seem to figure out why? Is this a function of Discover or my 1Password set up? Thanks to anyone who can shed some light.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Jeffery: I'm honestly not sure. I did have two previously, and I had to setup a new account on the website for the second. I don't know if they've changed that now and you can have a single login for multiple accounts, or if it's something else. Are you literally seeing the account details for both cards when logging with either username and password? It may be that they've consolidated these for you (though that would freak me out if I hadn't been told about it beforehand) like Citi and Chase tend to do. Can you provide some more details on what's happening?

• Jeffery
    Jeffery
    Community Member

Thanks @Brenty. I appreciate the quick response. One of my three cards seems to default when I log in with any of three different 1Password log-ins and you can't access all of your cards like with Chase. Bizarre.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Jeffery: I almost expected to login and see my closed account there with the current one now, but no dice. :lol:

Honestly, I'd get in touch with Discover and ask. I've always had great experiences with their phone service, but given this is on the technological side email might be better.

It sounds to me like where you used to have to login using different credentials to access these, they're both available when logging in with a single username/password now. If that's the case, it's not related to 1Password, but definitely confusing. Something similar happened to me with my Citi accounts, and while it baffled me at first...of course they have my social security number on each account it's easy for them to do this if they want to.

However, I'd double check when you login if it gives you any indication of which username you're logged in as. Maybe it's a weird combination issue where you're trying to login with one username using 1Password, but the URL/cookies/something is making you end up with the other instead. Let me know what you find!

• Jeffery
    Jeffery
    Community Member

Perfect. I will do that follow-up. Thank you. I appreciate the consistent, high-quality support I've received from Agilebits over the years.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for your support! Happy to help in any way I can...and frankly as a Discover card holder myself I'm glad to know either way. :)

This discussion has been closed.