Items copied from a classic vault to a 1Password.com vault sometimes don't sync immediately

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the iOS app, the Windows app or accounts in general, so posting it here is a best guess.

Currently I'm using my classic vault synced with Dropbox alongside an individual 1Password.com account and copy items into the latter using the iOS app. Sometimes when I do that, the new item does not appear on 1Password 6 on my Windows machine. Only if another sync is triggered, either by changing the same item again or adding another one, the sync actually happens.
I can't always reproduce that so it's kind of hard to figure out what actually happens. But maybe someone has also seen this behaviour.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Manaburner: Thanks for getting in touch about this! I've heard a similar report from another 1Password 6 user recently, but, as in your case, it's a pretty difficult thing to pin down.

However, you should be able to narrow it down a bit by copying an item into your 1Password.com account on iOS and seeing if it shows up on the website (bonus points for doing this on the PC where it's missing in the app). If it does, we know all is well there, and we just need to figure out what's preventing the Windows app from receiving changes without having to connect to send some itself first.

Do you have "security" software or firewall/proxy settings in Windows which might be rejecting unsolicited inbound connections? That will prevent 1Password.com from "pushing" changes there from the server.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @brenty
    I just tried but I couldn't reproduce the issue (which was expected, right). I would suggest that I keep an eye on that and if it happens again, I'll look in the web app, if the item has been synced there or not.

I do have security software installed (F-Secure).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Manaburner: Great... :lol:

No problem. If it happens again, please generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Just send it to support@agilebits.com and post your Support ID here. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Manaburner: Actually, after discussing this with a colleague, there's a good chance that it will still be in the logs anyway. Would you mind sending diagnostics now? We've made some improvements in the latest beta that may help, but this may help us track down some more network edge cases while we're at it.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

@brenty I just sent the diagnostics report. Bitbot has replied to me but there's no support ID I could write in here. I thought I could just tell you the ID so I basically saved myself the time to describe my issue when sending the diag report, because all was said here. So should I send it again with a description this time?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Manaburner: Ah, I'm sorry. I should have been more specific. I see your message in the inbox. I'll reply via email shortly.

ref: SDN-33942-417

This discussion has been closed.