1Password mini menu won't go away [known issue with 1Password for Mac 6.8, 6.8.1 will fix issue]

McDunnough
McDunnough
Community Member
edited August 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

I have an odd issue that started after an upgrade to 6.8. When I access 1Password mini or the Chrome Extension it opens the credit cards on the screen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Chrome extension but no luck. Curious if I am the only one having this issue or if you've heard this. Not really certain how to search for a bug for this problem.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 680015
OS Version: OS X 10.12.16
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @McDunnough. Sorry for the trouble. Since the extension doesn't have any user interface of its own, reinstalling the extension isn't likely to help. This is actually a known issue with 1Password 6.8 for Mac. To be clear, this should only be showing the titles of those items and not providing any details. We're working on a fix. In the short term, you can quit and relaunch 1Password mini to get things back under control. You can do this in the main 1Password application from the Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini… menu item.

I hope that helps. Let us know how it goes.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

ref: OPM-5166

• McDunnough
    McDunnough
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Thanks @jxpx777. That fixed it

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the confirmation! :+1:

• Lynn
    Lynn
    Community Member

I am having the same issue with Safari 10.1.2, 1Password 6.8 and the 4.6.9 extension for 1Password mini.
    Mac OS 10.12.6, iMac 18,3

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lynn,

The permanent fix will be once we release 1Password 6.8.1 for Mac. This will properly correct the bug in 6.8 that is causing this. As Jamie mentioned in his earlier post a temporary fix is to restart 1Password mini using the menu option Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. The issue may very well return as the bug seems to affect some people consistently while others (I'm one of the lucky ones it seems) haven't seen the issue at all. As the issue is with 1Password for Mac it can affect any browser. Hopefully it won't be too long before 1Password 6.8.1 is ready and available to everybody.

• Lynn
    Lynn
    Community Member

No worries, It isn’t like the app is unusable :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Still, it's not something you should have to deal with. We'll get the update out there to everyone as soon as we can!

This discussion has been closed.