Cannot use on iPad

Minnez2
Minnez2
Community Member

Cannot get 1Password for my iPad. Is 1Password set up for iPads? Please advise. I use regularly on my Mac and iPhone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot seem to Be able to use on my iPad. Please advise. I have on my Mac & iPhone. Thnx

Comments

• Hi @Minnez2

Thanks for taking the time to write in. 1Password for iOS does indeed run on iPads, so long as you're running at least iOS 9.3. You can find it here:

1Password for iOS on the iTunes App Store

Please note that the 1Password app is rated 17+ due to the fact that it has a built-in web browser ("1Browser") and as such you'll need to make sure parental restrictions do not prevent you from downloading 17+ apps:

Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks!

Ben

• jcypret
    jcypret
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

I also ran into this issue. Unable to use 1Password Family on any devices restricted to not allow adult content (17+).

This seems like an unnecessary restriction. I don't view 1Password as an "adult" app. The primary functionality is password management and is seems a shame to block the entire app for a built-in browser. Would be nice to have a "Lite" version the excludes the built-in browser.

Been using the web version of the app on restricted devices, but not ideal. The online version is barely usable on iPhone. Luckily don't have to sign in most of the time. Improving the online version for mobile would be a reasonable solution to restricted devices.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I also ran into this issue. Unable to use 1Password Family on any devices restricted to not allow adult content (17+). This seems like an unnecessary restriction. I don't view 1Password as an "adult" app.

@jcypret: Unfortunately it isn't our call to make. It's Apple's ecosystem and 1Password just lives in it, so we've got to adhere to their rules.

The primary functionality is password management and is seems a shame to block the entire app for a built-in browser. Would be nice to have a "Lite" version the excludes the built-in browser.

It's something we've considered, but for the people it would help it would cause confusion for many, many more.

Been using the web version of the app on restricted devices, but not ideal. The online version is barely usable on iPhone. Luckily don't have to sign in most of the time. Improving the online version for mobile would be a reasonable solution to restricted devices.

We haven't designed 1Password.com with this use case in mind, but that's something we can work to improve in the future. This is really good feedback. Thank you!

• jcypret
    jcypret
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply! I am a huge fan of 1Password and long-time user. Just wanted to give feedback based on experience of using it with the family. Totally understand the pains of building products that work for the majority. Thanks for listening!

Side note: LOVE the new 2-factor code copy-to-clipboard feature. Genius! So useful.

• Side note: LOVE the new 2-factor code copy-to-clipboard feature. Genius! So useful.

Thanks! It is one of my favorite new features as well. :)

Thanks for the quick reply! I am a huge fan of 1Password and long-time user. Just wanted to give feedback based on experience of using it with the family. Totally understand the pains of building products that work for the majority. Thanks for listening!

Thanks again for the kind words and feedback.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.