To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Feature request: smarter notes

Options
rjohnson
rjohnson
Community Member

I love using the secure notes to store critical information. However, it would be nice it was more structured. You guys have the Driver license, Social Security cards, etc. which at first I thought was kind of cool. However, it could be more useful.

Take SS numbers for example. I usually need to look these up when filling up medical or insurance things. I don't have all the kids SS#s memorized. However, when filling out a form for all the kinds I'd rather see a list of the whole family's SS#s - not have to reveal it card by card.

I don't mind entering the data in a structured way - I'd just like to view it in a more summarized way across most if not all the cards. It would be much more useful particularly when I am filling our paper forms!

Also, another category of card that would be nice to see added would be one for cars. Things like the VIN, license number, make model year, etc.

Ray

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @rjohnson! Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. Could you elaborate a bit on what kind of structure you're looking for in Secure Notes? Would it be formatting within the notes or additional notes fields? Right now you can use custom fields to add all sorts of extra data to any type of item, which might help you accomplish what you're looking for. :)

• rjohnson
    rjohnson
    Community Member
    Options

What I'm looking for more is a way to view the data across all the cards of a given type. For example, I have four in my family and thus four SS# cards. Usually, when I need to look them up I need to view all of them in a list - rather than look them up individually. So something like a list view by card type of something would be very useful.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @rjohnson - Thank you for sending over the additional details on your use case for the feature. I can definitely understand where you're coming from and I'll make sure to mention this to @Jacob, maybe this is something we can improve upon in the future so I appreciate the feedback. I appreciate you also taking the time to send us over your use case for the feature :smile: Enjoy the rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.