Issues since Windows 10 Update

Windows updated on me over the weekend and finalized this morning. Ever since I am unable to open 1Password. I was getting a blank white box when attempting to open up the application. I have tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling and now each time I reinstall all I get is a blank black window. (See attached)

I have uninstalled and removed all traces of 1Password, application and Chrome extension and shutdown and then turned on the Surface to ensure nothing was left in memory.

Thanks,
Eric

1Password Version: 6.6.439
Extension Version: None
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited July 2017

Hey, @EABonney! We had a problem a while back with some graphics drivers causing the white screen. Riva Tuner was the primary culprit, with certain Intel drivers coming in second. If you use Riva Tuner, they've deployed a fix already, so make sure you're fully updated. If you do not use Riva Tuner, check the developer of your graphics driver's website for updated graphics drivers and see if that resolves the issue. Sometimes Windows update is a bit behind the curve. Finally, any custom graphics drivers or window modification tools can also result in this problem, so let us know if you're aware of any you have installed.

If none of this gets you up and running, or you're not sure if you have any of the above installed, let us know. We can grab some logs from you so we can take a closer look at what's causing the failure. :+1:

• EABonney
    EABonney
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick response. I did see the issues with Riva Tuner and I looked to be sure I wasn't not using that. I don't believe I am using anything custom, just whatever gets installed by Windows by default. If you tell me how to pull the logs I'll be happy to get them to you.

Thanks,
    Eric

• Hey @EABonney! Let's start by just looking at a system info file. This will allow us to search for the problematic drivers on your PC and rule them out. Since these logs may contain sensitive data, you won't want to share them here on the forum. Instead, shoot us an e-mail with the logs attached to support+windows@agilebits.com and drop the support ID you receive here so I can hunt 'em down. If I need anything additional from you, I'll follow up via e-mail. Thanks! :chuffed:

• EABonney
    EABonney
    Community Member

Ok email has been sent. Support ID: [#QXF-37471-859]

Thanks and please let me know if you need anything else.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@EABonney: Just wanted to let you know that we have found your email and will be in touch shortly. Thank you! :+1:

ref: QXF-37471-859

This discussion has been closed.