1Password 4 - Annoyance / Feature Request

Hey support folk,

Been struggling with 1Password 4 for a while now in that the item details pane had disappeared on me. I couldn't for the life of me figure out where it had gone, and more importantly: how to get it back.

Until today. When I maximised the 1password window I finally realised that the pane had dropped off the window, and that the only way to get it back was to maximize the window (on my large 4k monitor) to see the details pane and drag it back up to a sensible level for my other smaller monitors.

Might I suggest that the window pane behaviour be updated to prevent the details pane from dropping below the edge of the window?

Thanks,
Duane

1Password Version: 4.6.2.624
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 7
Sync Type: Local

Comments

• Hey, @duanej! Thanks for the suggestion! Interestingly, I'm having a hard time adjusting my item details pane to the point where it isn't visible, but I do have the limitation of not have a 4k monitor available (lucky!). For the sake of being thorough, could you tell me exactly what you need to do to (including dragging 1Password 4 between monitors) to make the item details pane drop below the edge of the window? 1Password 4 is no longer being actively developed, so I wouldn't look for a fix any time soon, but I can still pass along your feedback. :chuffed:

• duanej
    duanej
    Community Member

Hi @bundtkate

TBH I am struggling to replicate the behaviour too... the closest I can get is:

I think it might be something like:
    1. Drag the top window edge to the top of the monitor to vertically maximize it.
    2. Drag the details pane top edge down as far as you can.
    3. Quickly drag the top corner of the window diagonally down and in to resize the window

This will reset on close and re-open though, which wasn't happening for me before.

Strange.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@duanej: I've only had this happen when changing resolutions/displays. In my experience, grabbing the bottom of the window and resizing it up and down would restore the lower pane again. Is this maybe happening when the 4K monitor is disconnected, for example if you have multiple displays? Even on a Surface running the stable version of Windows 10 the OS seems to forget the display settings (I usually use an external monitor, and it often loses track of which is the primary, the positioning, or disables one). Let me know if any of that helps.

This discussion has been closed.