To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Creating An Account From Existing 1Password App on IPad

Options
pappjo
pappjo
Community Member

If I want to create a 1Password.com account I would prefer to do it from my iPad Pro if feasible. And then I would want to enable it on the rest of my devices including my Mac. All devices including my computer are currently using the latest version of 1Password apps with pro features enabled.

I tend to use the iPad more than my computer and would prefer to manage the account from it. Would there be any issues in setting up the account service from it? Also I would want to establish the yearly billing option at the outset, can that also be done from the iPad app?

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.3.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @pappajo! I'd be happy to help out with that. You can create the account in 1Password on your iPad Pro, then move your existing data over to it in just a few minutes. We've got a great guide to help you get things set up:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Let us know how things go! :)

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

Two other questions. After the trial period is the option for an annual fee presented or does it automatically revert to a monthly basis? I would be just as happy initiating the annual payment from the get go.

Also once this becomes all set up can Dropbox be safely deleted/discontinued? We have the Dropbox app on all devices that use 1Password including the computers. We have it almost exclusively for 1Password syncing.

• Jacob
    Options

@pappajo You can subscribe to the annual plan from your billing page anytime:

How to manage your 1Password subscription

If you subscribed in iTunes, you can change your plan there instead.

Also once this becomes all set up can Dropbox be safely deleted/discontinued? We have the Dropbox app on all devices that use 1Password including the computers. We have it almost exclusively for 1Password syncing.

Yep! Once you move your data to your 1Password account, you can stop using Dropbox. The article I mentioned will help you remove the old vault from your devices, and you can delete the file on Dropbox as well if you'd like.

This discussion has been closed.