Windows App and Chrome Extension Not Accepting Password

I've reset my password several times now on iOS app but the windows and chrome platforms still won't accept it. PLEASE HELP!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to log-in on PC via app or Chrome extension, reset password on iOS app.

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zblackmon,

Thank you for contacting us! I am sorry for the troubles. Let's find out what is going on.

First of all, could you please let me know how many vaults you have in 1Password on your iPhone? Do you see both Primary and Personal vaults there?

Also, please clarify, are you able to sign in to your account at 1Password.com in the browser on your Windows PC?

I will be looking forward to your reply, so we could get to the bottom of this. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• zblackmon
    zblackmon
    Community Member

The only one I see on my phone is my personal vault. I don't have a "primary" non-synced vault.

I am able to sign in on the website, just not into the app or extension.

Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@zblackmon: If you can sign in to your account on the website and have all of your data there, please follow the steps in this guide to start over with 1Password 6 on your PC. You will be able to sign in to your account after that. Please let me know how it goes. Thanks! :+1:

• zblackmon
    zblackmon
    Community Member

That's still not working, even changed the password again.

• zblackmon
    zblackmon
    Community Member

NEVERMIND, got in! FINALLY!

• Hey @zblackmon! I'm glad you and Greg were able to get things sorted out. We're working on improving the Master Password change workflow on the Windows side, but for the moment it can be a little fussy. I hope all is well now, but let us know if we can do anything else to help. :chuffed:

• robchou
    robchou
    Community Member

I am not able to use the 1password Windows App. I am running Windows 10, I can login through the website, and I am behind a corporate firewall. I am unable to change firewall settings as they are controlled by my network admin, so I can't add the 1password exe to the whitelist. Is there any other way to use the windows app?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@robchou: Both 1Password.com and the app are communicating over the internet the exact same way, so it does seem odd to me that one would work and the other wouldn't. So it sounds like this may not be a firewall issue so much as your company requiring apps to be whitelisted to be able to connect to the internet. There just isn't anything we can do about that. Your best bet is to explain the situation and politely ask the admin if they can make an exception so you can use 1Password to store and access your data securely — rather than using Post-Its™ or an Excel spreadsheet. And we'll be happy to answer any questions they have if you'll point them in our direction. Failing that, you'll at least be able to use the web interface it sounds like.

This discussion has been closed.