Remote changes not syncing until local change is made [Fixed in 6.7.447 beta update]

jhamer
jhamer
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm having this issue on multiple systems with 442. Changes I have made remotely (from web, mac client, mobile, or other Win system) will not sync in 442 until I add a dummy item to the local system (forcing a sync perhaps). Then all changes populate within a few seconds and things are up to date again. Making a change to an existing item does not help, it must be a new item that is created.

Happy to provide any additional information or logs. This is consistent and repeatable behavior. There are no sync errors or failed items showing in the diag output.

Thanks,
--Jeff

1Password Version: 6.7.442d
Extension Version: 4.6.8.1
OS Version: Win 10 1703
Sync Type: All

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2017

Hi @jhamer,

Thanks for writing in. Please send us your diagnostics report at support+windows@agilebits.com, so we can see what's going on.

• Hi @jhamer,

We've reproduced the problem within the 6.7 beta 2, this will be fixed in the next beta update coming soon.

• jhamer
    jhamer
    Community Member

Thanks Mike. Submitted diagnostics anyway for an additional look at the issue.

Support ID [#UXU-39693-869]

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

I was about to report the same (it's really annoying).

6.7 beta 2

Is that 6.7.442?

• @XIII 6.7.442 is 6.7 beta 2. Our apologies. We have too many ways of referring to different builds and it can get confusing sometimes. :blush:

• Hi guys,

@jhamer and @XIII, please give 6.7.447 (Beta 3) a try and let me know if it is working better.

• jhamer
    jhamer
    Community Member

447 working much better. Thank you!

• Great, thanks for your help!

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Didn't get an update notification; will try to test tonight.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@XIII: You generally won't get a notification because when 1Password 6 does the update check it will just download and install it if the app is locked. You can force a check/update in Settings > Options > Updates if you're impatient like me though. ;)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Is there (another) way to get a notification for new (beta) releases? (like RSS or Twitter? Or push notification in iOS App?)

• Hi @XIII,

Have you tried editing your HockeyApp notification settings to get a notice when a new version was released?

1Password will notify you when there is an update available if you're using 1Password but if it is locked and you have enabled auto-update, it'll just update itself and show a banner after it restarts, informing you that 1Password app has been updated (you can click on the banner to see the release notes). /cc @brenty

RSS support would be nice to add to our app-updates site, we'll look into it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MikeT: I've got email notifications enabled ("When a Version Was Released") and had been receiving them until early June, but haven't gotten any since. So XIII may have them enabled but not be receiving them as well.

• We'll look into it, we've stopped manually notifying users when we switched to the automatic update method but that shouldn't mess with HockeyApp's notifications.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Have you tried editing your HockeyApp notification settings to get a notice when a new version was released?

I was not aware of this setting, but they are configured as "Enabled" and "Individual" (when a version was released).

According to my mail archive the last such mail I received was on April 16 for 1Password 6.6.405 ("6.6 Beta 2").

And back on-topic: sync seems to work much better now! :smile:

• That's great to hear and we've just shipped 6.7.448 (Beta 4) a few minutes ago.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Would it be hard to create an RSS feed for https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW6#beta with individual "posts" for every release?

(and separate feeds for the other platforms as well)

• Hi @XIII,

I honestly don't know how much effort it would take to build the RSS feeds there. I've bought it up with the web team that's responsible for it but we also want to rebuild the service there to modernize it as well, like showing SHA-256 hashes, direct download links for each version and so much more.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Looks like individual users could do that with a service like Feed43.com (as long as you use the same format for each entry).

• Hi @XIII,

Yes, it is the same format for all platform updates, it is required in order to post updates to the site.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

I don't know many folks still using RSS these days (present company excluded), but it's certainly worth considering. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.