To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Lost my MASTER PASSWORD

Options
angello
angello
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Memberships

I can't not enter because lost my PDF emergency kit and my master password lost. And my browser i do not save my password.

So i can't reset my master password, and when i send the email i receive a steps inside..!!! how change if can't enter... wow serious.!!

I need a better support of this. If is necessary erase all the content and i start over. you enter a cycle bug support security.

Please Urgent solve it

1Password Version: 6
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.5
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi angello - I noticed my buddy Andrew already replied back to the email you sent over. Let's continue the conversation over there and you're in good hands with Andrew. We'll do our best to assist you. :smile:

ref: DDT-13675-811

• limster8
    limster8
    Community Member
    Options

ok download and try to set up not if it even but seems to work one time with password entered but lock out next time

• Frank
    Options

Hi @limster8 - Are you experiencing an issue signing into your 1Password.com account using your Master Password? I just want to make sure I have a clear understanding of the issue. If you're running into trouble signing into the account, please confirm and we'll move the conversation over to email so I can better assist you. Keep me posted :smile:

• Alexander7580
    Alexander7580
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hello,
    I can not log on to my account to extend my license because I have my Master PW no more knows the security key and so I only have the PW is not

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

@Alexander7580: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that. To be clear, you won't have an account to sign in to (or Secret Key) unless you signed up for a 1Password membership in the last year or so, as they did not exist prior to that.

Unfortunately we won't be able to help you recover/reset your Master Password, as we never have access to it. The Master Password is chosen by you, and only you ever know it. Without that it will not be possible to access your data. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

Alternatively, if you are part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Account Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

ref: XHI-92745-857

This discussion has been closed.