Suggest sites that are often used around the same time.

Options

Suggest sites that are often used around the same time. An example might be that you fill out your time sheet daily around 4pm. This list of sites could be suggested by pulling a list of sites that are regularly used within that 30 minute timeframe. When I click on 1password, instead of just showing the site for the current site that I'm on (if I'm using the browser plugin) it would potentially show multiple sites that I normally seek out around that time of day, on that day.

Just an idea.
Love the product

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: macOS
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:feature

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @fourq,

Thank you for taking the time to write in and tell us about your idea. :chuffed:

It reminds me of the volume mode scheduling feature I use on my Android phone where my volume mode is scheduled to go into "Do not disturb" mode during the night and then automatically go back into "Silent" mode in the morning. It's a simple thing but does mean that I don't have to remember to turn on that mode every night and off again in the morning. Just grab the phone and go. This is of course a manual thing, my phone doesn't automatically do this which is a key difference with your idea.

As I understand, it the intention of your idea sounds similar - to save time by reducing the number of clicks & taps to get to Login items at a certain time of day. To be honest, while it is would save a little bit of time I don't think it would be something we would add to 1Password - mainly because of the complexity of the feature versus the value it would bring. We try to keep 1Password out of our users way as much as possible and focus on being the best tool to get what they're trying to do done.

We love hearing ideas about how to make 1Password better and some of the best feature ideas have come out of talking with passionate users like yourself. You may be aware of this already but just in case you're not and for anyone else reading this, I would suggest marking that item as a favourite using the star icon in 1Password (see first screenshot below) as an alternative to having 1Password automatically suggest the Login item. Then that Login item will appear in your list of Favourites just below the 1Password mini's search bar (see second screenshot below).

Adding Favourite

Where Favourites Appear

I hope that helps and thanks again for writing in! Please let me know if you have any questions we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.