More and more worse filling and submitting of forms

Options

I notice that 1PW4 and it´s extension in Chrome works more worse than in the past.

One good example: icloud.com ... nothing will be filled anymore. I press my shortcut and the extension shows my three different saved credentials but does not fill in the forms.

Another example: We a Sophos UTM Manager with a Web-Login. It´s like a roulette game if the extension fills in some data or not ... and if it fills, it does not submit. In the past it was no problem, filling and submitting worked.

I have websites where the extension offers my only one login I have there, instead of filling the form and submitting.

And there are a lot more websites where the usual workflow does not work anymore.

What´s going on there?

Yes, I use the native messaging protocol. But switching back to WebSocket protocol does not solve the problem.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.624
Extension Version: 4.6.8.1
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @pauLee. Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the extension. First, I can say that native messaging vs WebSocket doesn't have any impact on filling. This is just the road information drives on from 1Password to the browser.

We did recently update the form filling library in 1Password 4 for Windows, but that should only have improved things. (We have almost 1,000 automated tests to ensure we only improve things without breaking others.)

One good example: icloud.com ... nothing will be filled anymore. I press my shortcut and the extension shows my three different saved credentials but does not fill in the forms.

Just so I'm clear, it sounds like you're trying to fill on icloud.com with the keyboard shortcut and instead it is offering you your three different Logins for iCloud/Apple. If you click on the account you want to fill, does it do so?

I have websites where the extension offers my only one login I have there, instead of filling the form and submitting.

Is this also using the keyboard shortcut or when you click on the 1Password button? It's helpful to know specifically what steps you're taking and how the results differ from your expectations.

Nothing should have changed with our Login matching, but if you can share some URLs, that will be helpful for us to test out. I'd also be curious to know what the address bar of your browser says when you have this problem and how that compares to the website saved in 1Password. For instance, are you on asubdomain.example.com and you have the URL saved in 1Password as www.domain.com, that might be a salient point.

If there are any URLs you want to share but can't post publicly, please feel free to email them with a link to this thread and your forum username to support+extensions@agilebits.com

Thanks again! Let us know this additional information and hopefully we can get things working better for you.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• pauLee
    pauLee
    Community Member
    Options

Just so I'm clear, it sounds like you're trying to fill on icloud.com with the keyboard shortcut and instead it is offering you your three different Logins for iCloud/Apple. If you click on the account you want to fill, does it do so?

No, it doesn't ... that's the problem!

Is this also using the keyboard shortcut or when you click on the 1Password button? It's helpful to know specifically what steps you're taking and how the results differ from your expectations.

I'am a keyboard user, so my first option is always the shortcut.

Nothing should have changed with our Login matching, but if you can share some URLs, that will be helpful for us to test out.

I will collect some URLs, give me some time to do so.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pauLee,

I was looking at iCloud recently and discovered due to a difference in 1Password 4 for Windows we struggled when the user used open and fill but if the page was already loaded and the "fill the currently open page" keyboard shortcut was being used that everything worked. If you find your iCloud Login item isn't working can you try saving a new one using the steps outlined on our page "How to save a Login manually in your browser" ( https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/ ) and if you don't see an improvement can you check to see what state of one of the preferences is please. I'm wondering about the preference titled Enable multiple URLs which is in the Logins tab of 1Password 4's preferences. The actual filling occurs in an iframe at idmsa.apple.com and 1Password should be handing this correctly but it's worth learning if the preference is enabled or not.

This discussion has been closed.